Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, how many people are sick of telling someone about their (recent) Cadillac purchase and hearing back one of the following:-
a) WOW, for what YOU spent, you coulda had a LEXUS!
b) My Uncle Bill just got a new BMW. Boy is it beautiful!
c) My boss at work just got a new Mercedes, I gotta get me one of those one day!
d) My Father is getting a new Jaguar. Have you seen them?
e) My Doctor has a new black INFINITI ~ THAT'S the car I WANT !
f) "You shoulda bought a Corvette" ~ ~
g) My Mother just got a new Pearl Town Car, you should see it!

I am so sick of these type of answers. Nobody can just say, "That's really nice. Best of luck with it" ~ They immediately have to draw attention to ANOTHER brand of car, and ANOTHER person. Am I the only person who picks up on this ? :confused:

S A N D Y

·
Registered
329 Posts
I can't say that's happened to me, but I do get a lot of "Ooooh, that's the car from the Matrix". No one can remember that it's a "CTS". It's easier to remember "Matrix car".

Which Cadillac did you get?

·
Registered
586 Posts
ive gotten a bunch of those. Its usually "why did you get that, a lexus is so much better." or "eh, thats ok, but a bimmer is nicer."

my answer is always, "well it was this or a lincoln, but the lincoln was a POS and im NOT buying an import."

I will never buy a car from a company that is not owned by Ford or GM. My reach for imports go as far as Saab, Volvo, or Mazda.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
AKPsiMC03 said:
ive gotten a bunch of those. Its usually "why did you get that, a lexus is so much better." or "eh, thats ok, but a bimmer is nicer."

my answer is always, "well it was this or a lincoln, but the lincoln was a POS and im NOT buying an import."

I will never buy a car from a company that is not owned by Ford or GM. My reach for imports go as far as Saab, Volvo, or Mazda.
I get it all of the time. Your driving an old man's car. You should have gotten a civic or something a kid drives. Or a beemer etc....
I bought the eldo for a reason. I LOVE THE CAR its mine not yours either say im happy for you or leave me alone. I dont' put others down about there choice in an automobile. I hate imports i would NEVER drive one but to each is his own. To spite the world that they say its an old mans car i put my grandfathers old 40's style hat in the back window and put "old school" eagles football window stickers in the one window.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Josh, I'm in Bucks County all the time!! (Usually getting lost)! Titusville, New Hope, Lambertville and the rest of them. I like Washington's Crossing & the State Park therein. Food Poisoning in New Hope is always enjoyable! :bighead:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Sandy said:
Josh, I'm in Bucks County all the time!! (Usually getting lost)! Titusville, New Hope, Lambertville and the rest of them. I like Washington's Crossing & the State Park therein. Food Poisoning in New Hope is always enjoyable! :bighead:
I am about 15 mins from New Hope. I live right near Rt 309 where bucks and montogermy county meet if that helps. Its not that bad but it can be very frusrtating b/c of some of the roads that really don't go anywhere. I have them down pretty good. The places I have problems with are right off of rt 32 where the country or general store is on the way to ringing rocks if you know where that is

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Katshot said:
Damn! We ought to have a local meeting (spelled get together). There seems to be a decent amount of people here from the area.
Ill be up for that let me know when and where and ill bring the beer and pizza :D
Katshot where you located???

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
I get a lot of compliments on the Caddy! People love 'em. They're different. However, I am not close minded about having a bimmer, lexus, mercedes, etc. Whatever luxury brand it is, I just want to own a specific model, in a specific package, with specific features/options, etc. that suites my likes. I wouldn't just buy any lexus or mercedes or Acura. I hate the Lexus' that look exactly like camry's...:rolleyes:

For now though, I'm stickin with the black on black Caddy tho!!

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I've spent time in Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, and Jag.

For the money, I don't think they're worth it. I'm stuck in the early 90s, price-wise. I think $35,000 should get you a LOADED luxury car. For $30K, I can get a loaded 2002 DHS with less than 30,000 miles. That's good enough for me right now.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Katshot said:
I'm in Newtown, you know where that is? Your sig says a "small town in Bucks Co.". What town are you in?
I am familier with it i couldn't give directions to it though. I am in a town called Hilltown. The surronding towns are lansdale, hatfield, souderton, chalfont, colmar, doylestown. south of quakertown and allentown and north of philly

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
2,536 Posts
Sorry

It's probably because of the work on the car, but all I hear is "Nice ride!" or "That's an Eldorado! Sweet!" or "Never seen a tricked out Eldo before, looks great!" or "Nice ride man, are those 20's? -Nope, just 18's- They fit the car really well man" But, I've done enough work that it looks like nothing else.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
Re: Sorry

i either get "oh a getto pimp mobile" or "looks like a snowbirds car"

no , its a cherry 94 deville , i enjoy my kidneys

tho i would accept " nice maffia ride" or "is that hoffa inside?"

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
damn right , been waiting for a meet down here , maybe we should all go to ed morse or something ...

actually we should all go to a car show , ill talk to that "crusin with setzer" guy this weekend and see if i cant get something going , maybe hed let us in a show with all the classic car guys , hes pretty cool most of the time , the faimly takes dads vette to a few shows , sometimes i tag along

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Stoneage_Caddy said:
damn right , been waiting for a meet down here , maybe we should all go to ed morse or something ...

actually we should all go to a car show , ill talk to that "crusin with setzer" guy this weekend and see if i cant get something going , maybe hed let us in a show with all the classic car guys , hes pretty cool most of the time , the faimly takes dads vette to a few shows , sometimes i tag along
I think that we should all organize reginal or local car show for each area for everyone to go to. Good thinking Mike

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
The only responses I got were good ones, except one guy told me I should've gotten a Civic (he owns a Civic). I couldn't tell if he was joking or not..

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Whether or not he was joking.....he certainly was the "Court Jester" :wacky:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Elvis said:
I've spent time in Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, and Jag.

For the money, I don't think they're worth it. I'm stuck in the early 90s, price-wise. I think $35,000 should get you a LOADED luxury car. For $30K, I can get a loaded 2002 DHS with less than 30,000 miles. That's good enough for me right now.

actually no, according the the Federal Govn't, thw definition of a luxury car is a car that when new cost MORE THAN $40,000. That means most of these Japanese luxury cars are not that, they are near-luxury cars; kinda like a Buick, Mercury, or Oldsmobile.

The number 1 LUXURY car company is still Lincoln, second is Caddillac. But the comany with the highest sales that has a few luxury cars is still lexus.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts