Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
POS 2.0T 3 blown motors
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just blew the third motor on my 14 ats 2.0t. 12k miles currently. motor , tuning everything is bone stock only use 93 octane fuel. only thing i changed is had some denso spark plugs installed because the last time it blew up my delaer PEACOCK cadillac in houston replaced the entire motor and reinstalled the old fouled dirty blackened smashed spark plugs from the engine they removed
since the car ran like crap still with a brand new motor and obvisoully i had no confidence in them as this was the second motor they had to install i pulled a plug out to inspect it obvisouly was not a fresh 23 mile ( distance i drove from dealer to house) spark plug as it should have been. when i talked to a customer service rep here he told me yes the plugs were changed the engine comes with new plugs. after removing all 4 spark plugs from the car they were are foulded black and 1 was crushed parts of the piston had to have smashed the ground strap against the rest of the plug creating NO gap in the plug much less the .035 or whatever gap it needs.
regardless. i know i have seen multiple people have multiple engine failures now. i have seen a few that are on 4th motor.

i dont understand how cadillac could think this fine and i should just keep this peice of shit car. how am i supposed to pay all this money for a car each month that i dont know how far it will go before the engine fails again or if it will get me to my destanation .

mercedes CLA , BMW 335, ford raptor truck are all sounding real good right now.

·
Vendor
ATS 2.0T gone, 17 Charger Scat Pack current
1,179 Posts
Ouch. That's terrible man. Sorry to hear it.

On another note, I could not imagine going from an ATS to a Raptor :)
I am just an anti-raptor guy for whatever reason....6 inches of nose dive under light braking is not anything I want on the street, lol.

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
man i never thought id see the day when the guy that has a rly nice modded ats that took pride in it, would go and change his vehicles owned to POS 2.0T 3 blown motors. dam that rly sucks. i would be just as pissed if i was in ur shoes. i dont understand how you could be getting so many problems though. idk if its the batch of engines shipped to your area, or if its the climate u live in. but mine has been flawless so far and i really dont understand why. theres no point paying for a car that you cant drive. they really need to buy that car back.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0 Performance
17 Posts
just blew the third motor on my 14 ats 2.0t. 12k miles currently. motor , tuning everything is bone stock only use 93 octane fuel. only thing i changed is had some denso spark plugs installed because the last time it blew up my delaer PEACOCK cadillac in houston replaced the entire motor and reinstalled the old fouled dirty blackened smashed spark plugs from the engine they removed
since the car ran like crap still with a brand new motor and obvisoully i had no confidence in them as this was the second motor they had to install i pulled a plug out to inspect it obvisouly was not a fresh 23 mile ( distance i drove from dealer to house) spark plug as it should have been. when i talked to a customer service rep here he told me yes the plugs were changed the engine comes with new plugs. after removing all 4 spark plugs from the car they were are foulded black and 1 was crushed parts of the piston had to have smashed the ground strap against the rest of the plug creating NO gap in the plug much less the .035 or whatever gap it needs.
regardless. i know i have seen multiple people have multiple engine failures now. i have seen a few that are on 4th motor.

i dont understand how cadillac could think this fine and i should just keep this peice of shit car. how am i supposed to pay all this money for a car each month that i dont know how far it will go before the engine fails again or if it will get me to my destanation .

Mine failed at 3k miles 3 weeks off the lot. I'm still fighting w them. I'm not taking it back from them. The replaced just pistons. Not even a motor. I've bought 7 new gm vehicles in the last 9 years. They need to eat it, I shouldn't have to

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T
79 Posts
Are they rebuilding these motors in house or are these new complete replacements? Has it been confirmed they are cleaning the inter cooler out? There has to be something causing it, or that's just real bad luck.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
this is comical. this has to be karma, what did you do?
I heard he was interviewed by Shirley McClaine and she asked him: "If you could do your previous life over, what would you do differently Mr. Hitler?"

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
I heard he was interviewed by Shirley McClaine and she asked him: "If you could do your previous life over, what would you do differently Mr. Hitler?"
:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric:

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,399 Posts

Are these people on this forum? I am interested in hearing the details from them to see if their experience is similar to yours.

Don't you have a catch can? What is the list of modifications you have done to your car?

·
Registered
POS 2.0T 3 blown motors
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can think of 3 others just off top of head that have had 3 failures. One guy messaged me on FB he's on 3rd motor with total of 3k miles on car. Dex has had 4 motors blow. This is crazy, Last time they replaced the motor and a bunch of fuel injection stuff. it didn't say anywhere about any of the turbo piping or inter cooler I'm sure all of that was probably flooded with oil.

----------

Are these people on this forum? I am interested in hearing the details from them to see if their experience is similar to yours.

Don't you have a catch can? What is the list of modifications you have done to your car?
No, Nothing to the engine only cosmetic body mods. Can't afford to void warranty on this shit ass engine. The other multiple failures are prob members here not sure. I see them on the FB ATS owners group page.

·
Registered
Raven Black ATS 2.0T/ auto
139 Posts
WOW. I feel you pain Smurf! Do you know if all your motors failed the same way(piston failure)? or have they been different like brg failure, dropping a valve?...I can't understand the tech not catching something else wrong with the car itself or his install. Then again, the way GM is handling this "broken piston problem" is baffling to say the least. ****Don't find the source of the problem, just keep replacing the same parts and hope the problem goes away.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Cant you lemon law the car by now? It's obvious you don't want the car, so it's the logical thing to do if you have the ability. If I was in your shoes I would do it.

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts
WOW. I feel you pain Smurf! Do you know if all your motors failed the same way(piston failure)? or have they been different like brg failure, dropping a valve?...I can't understand the tech not catching something else wrong with the car itself or his install. Then again, the way GM is handling this "broken piston problem" is baffling to say the least. ****Don't find the source of the problem, just keep replacing the same parts and hope the problem goes away.
More like "hope it makes it through the warranty period".

Smurf: 4 motors.....that's just insane.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,399 Posts
I can think of 3 others just off top of head that have had 3 failures. One guy messaged me on FB he's on 3rd motor with total of 3k miles on car. Dex has had 4 motors blow. This is crazy, Last time they replaced the motor and a bunch of fuel injection stuff. it didn't say anywhere about any of the turbo piping or inter cooler I'm sure all of that was probably flooded with oil.

----------

No, Nothing to the engine only cosmetic body mods.
Can't afford to void warranty on this shit ass engine. The other multiple failures are prob members here not sure. I see them on the FB ATS owners group page.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-general-discussion-forum/676977-question-those-who-have-2-0t-2.html#post14062905

Posted 3/15/15 - This you? Post #17.

smurfkiller
Automobile(s): POS 2.0T 3 blown motors
Re: Question for those who have a 2.0T with a tune/mods?
Ok my car dynoed bone stock our dyno at 211 rwhp. With just a Diablo tune it went to 258rwhp. With a k&n. Drop in filter modified stock air box and my intake & charge pipes (my pipes built very similar to what you guys can buy from TRS Fab) still just regular 93 octane diablo tune it went to 266rwhp. Then added cat less down pipe (from TRS fab, thanks Trent) and I had our tuner write a custom tune with diablosport it made 297rwhp. The potential for hp gains is a lot more with the 2.0T the tune alone makes a huge difference In the car.

For those who don't remember me or don't know me ( as I have been through several motors & planning a huge event at our shop for TX2K I haven't been on here in awhile). My car is a '14 2.0T rwd auto trans.

P.s. I be on here more soon. Some major changes coming to my car, and we have parts in production for Chris' 900+hp. 4 cyl 2.2 stroker ATS

1 - 20 of 71 Posts