Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have my gold keys which I use everyday I'm starting to wonder if I should stop using my gold keys and just use the plain ones for storage value I don't want them to break.I also still have the wallet key which works to start the car in case the key gets lost.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
That's the problem with buying used I guess. Neither of my cars have (well, the 75 probably never had) those. I keep a spare door key in my wallet anyway though, since I used to be prone to locking my keys in my car (haven't done that since January though, knock on wood.)

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
We have them for our '93 FWB, even though the gold is a little worn off in a few places. Typically, for daily use, I keep the "regular" silver ignition key with the black plastic cap on it and the gold key for the door locks on my key ring. Don't have that wallet key thing however--I don't think I've ever seen one of those.

I think they're really cool and people are always interested when I show them.:)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Things Are Not Important!!!!!!!!!!!

I USE MINE TOO.:)

I USE EVERYTHING I OWN. USE IT. IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK, REGARDLESS OF AGE.:bigroll:

THINGS ARE NOT IMPORTANT. USE YOUR GOLD KEYS,RUN YOUR TURNPIKE LOCOMOTIVE TO THE HILT.:cool:

THE ONLY COFFINS I EVER SAW HAD HANDLES, NOT POCKETS!:helpless:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the gold keys for mine and use them everyday. The gold is getting a faded. I've been looking for another set but all I can find is the gold keys without pass-lock. On another note I still have both remotes but I think the batteries are getting weak they will only work if you are 2 feet from the Caddy.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I too have the gold keys for both the Brougham and the Eldo. I have a set of blanks that i need to get cut but havent done so yet. So my gold key inventory is looking good

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I have them. I may have used them once or twice but I don't like to. Somehow I associate them with the "bling" concept I so much dislike.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Have two sets of Caddy gold keys for my car (remotes also), my wife carries a set and I have the other. We are the third owners and it made its way to us.

Don't have the wallet thing, never seen that before, either.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Katshot said:
I still have the gold keys for my car and I still have a couple uncut sets from when I had the fleet cars. And BTW, you won't get too far with "starting" your car with the wallet key, it's only a DOOR key.
yeah your probably right i just never tried the key because i dont want to dislodge it from the rest of the plastic piece.

I am just surprised that although I'm the second owner of the car the keys are still useable it is btw an 11 year old car.

The wallet thing I think only came with the road service package I guess the previous owner got that package from the dealer.The letters are starting to fade probably from being in my wallet so much I'm probably going to keep them in storage now I can't imagine breaking them now after 11 years of use.I really never used the wallet key and it doesn't look used.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I bought my car with one set of the silver GM keys. I got on ebay and bought two pairs of the gold blanks, had one cut and I use those. They still look good, not brand new, but good. You can always buy the blanks and have them cut if you want a shinny new pair. They're all over ebay.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dope the problem for the vats system it has a resistor on the key and they don't sell the gold keys with the resistor I'm not sure though if it's possible to put a resistor on there although it's probably not too hard.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Mine came with all the original keys. There's 2 sets of gold keys and 2 sets of normal GM ones. I always use one of the gold keys. I also have some spare sets of gold keys. I got one of them cut and I'm keeping the rest for when I need them or if I ever get another Brougham that doesn't have them.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
I have both pairs of the factory gold keys. and I have a set of the silver ones. So all in all, I have 3 pairs. And 2 remotes that still work. I got really lucky!

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
ocjmakaveli said:
dope the problem for the vats system it has a resistor on the key and they don't sell the gold keys with the resistor I'm not sure though if it's possible to put a resistor on there although it's probably not too hard.
You talkin' about that little chip thing on the ignition key? Yeah they do, they sell gold blanks with blank chips on them. There's a way to program it into the car too. I forget how but I think Dave's Deville knows how.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am the second owner and I have both sets and remotes. Bling Bling, funny cause someone just said how cool they look when they saw them. I'm like yeah there cool!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I have my gold keys for my SLS and had the gold keys for my Deville(93) and my ETC(93) as well. I need a new remote for the SLS however.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
addison_ii said:
I have my gold keys for my SLS and had the gold keys for my Deville(93) and my ETC(93) as well. I need a new remote for the SLS however.

does your 89 Town Car have gold keys also? I think Lincoln used gold keys too.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
35 Participants
Jonas McFeely