Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many Miles per Tank yall are getting and what upgrades/mods do you have on your lade.

I am averaging around 260 miles per tank and looking for better gas mileage

·
Registered
2003 EXT / 1976 Eldorado
184 Posts
My ext has a 31 gallon tank... I am getting close to 500 miles per tank... I am averaging about 16 MPG city/highway.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
90limited said:
My ext has a 31 gallon tank... I am getting close to 500 miles per tank... I am averaging about 16 MPG city/highway.
Wow 500, how are you measuring this

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
the cadillac man said:
That's what I want to know as I barely average 15 in mixed driving(16 on long trips)
When i fill up sometimes the display show close to 500 miles till empty but i hardly get that

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
MrHolland said:
16 X 31 = around 500
In the perfect world yeah, but is anyone else getting even close to that ? I should also add what size engine but i don't think it matters much

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I have an 05 with the 6.0L awd... Maybe ill use a fuel injector cleaner with next oil change and install a K&n

·
Registered
03 Escalade
193 Posts
Esv's and Ext's have a larger tank than the base models so 4-500 mile mark per tank is plausible. I don't think anyone with a base model escalade that has a 26 gal tank is going to see that range.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
6lbsofSound said:
Esv's and Ext's have a larger tank than the base models so 4-500 mile mark per tank is plausible. I don't think anyone with a base model escalade that has a 26 gal tank is going to see that range.
I have the 31 gal but i forgot to consider the ext is probably lighter also maybe its a flat commute with no grades to achieve that, i don't recall ever seeing 4-500 range on a tank, even the bases should be close with a 5 gal variance

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
wesyder said:
I have the 31 gal but i forgot to consider the ext is probably lighter also maybe its a flat commute with no grades to achieve that, i don't recall ever seeing 4-500 range on a tank, even the bases should be close with a 5 gal variance
It depends on how you drive also but I have doubts about the ext being lighter as it is on the same frame as the esv

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
the cadillac man said:
It depends on how you drive also but I have doubts about the ext being lighter as it is on the same frame as the esv
It doesn't seem like much but both side glass the longer roof and 3rd row accommodations (brackets and body strengthening) must account for something

·
Registered
2003 EXT / 1976 Eldorado
184 Posts
16 X 31 = around 500
Mr Holland nailed it... it is simple math. I am ,however, assuming that the trip computer is accurate and I am in fact averaging 16MPG. I have not filled up, reset trip meter, filled up again and manually calculated MPG... Last long trip I took, computer told me I was getting 18mpg.......

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
90limited said:
Mr Holland nailed it... it is simple math. I am ,however, assuming that the trip computer is accurate and I am in fact averaging 16MPG. I have not filled up, reset trip meter, filled up again and manually calculated MPG... Last long trip I took, computer told me I was getting 18mpg.......
That's the way I do it when I get the average mpg
Last time I took a long road trip I got 16.7 mpg but I may see a improvement with new plugs in the engine

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,456 Posts
I've often seen no change or even a decrease in fuel mileage after a tune up, but an increase in performance. Probably due to the difference in the amount of fuel the engine is able to burn when its clean compared to being dirty. (Plugs, air filter and old wires with increased resistance)

-----Eh, what do I really know though.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
MrHolland said:
I've often seen no change or even a decrease in fuel mileage after a tune up, but an increase in performance. Probably due to the difference in the amount of fuel the engine is able to burn when its clean compared to being dirty. (Plugs, air filter and old wires with increased resistance)

I have seen a improvement in performance with the new plugs(I have a k&n air filter) but like I said I haven't made a long road trip yet to see if it will make a difference in the mpg for me yet

·
Registered
2006 Escalade
470 Posts

This makes sense when you make an equation out of it! Tune up = better performance = heavier foot = decreased MPG. Math doesn't lie, a tune up does decrease fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade EXT
68 Posts
2002 6.0L AWD EXT has k&n cai and corsa catback kit, im luck to see 350 to a tank! Ran sea foam in fuel system new plugs and wires.. Nothing has helped! I run 89oct all the time ive even put 91 in and all that got me was a lighter back pocket!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts