Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to replacing my old fashion looking 2013 ATS mirror with the updated frameless one. If anything, it operates quicker than my older one. Very pleased with the result. How many of you have done this simple modification?

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Not me but I'm interested. What was the cost and do you have a part number? Any differences between them besides the frame?

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Not me but I'm interested. What was the cost and do you have a part number? Any differences between them besides the frame?
Yes. The dimming can't go to the edge of the glass. The frame solves that problem by covering the part that can't dim.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a little over $116 and you can find it on gm parts direct http://www.gmpartsonline.net/index.html

Don't remember part number, but you can search for it. No other difference other than it's cool look and not having that obnoxious dot on the facing of the mirror.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
It's a little over $116 and you can find it on gm parts direct http://www.gmpartsonline.net/index.html

Don't remember part number, but you can search for it. No other difference other than it's cool look and not having that obnoxious dot on the facing of the mirror.
The newest year they have is 2013 and that came with a framed mirror. Do you have another link? I tried Google and could not find anything.

·
Registered
ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red
286 Posts
I replaced mine as soon as the 2014 mirror became available. Really glad I did, easy plug n play conversion. Part number is 13588023 and got from GM Parts Direct. Came from NC, don't recall the price.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A little tip for those who like to adjust the sensitivity to make it darker and quicker. Basically you put a blue piece of transparent plastic over the sensor in the back of the rear view mirror (makes it think it's darker). Another suggestion is a piece of electricians tape covering about 3/4 of the sensor. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,399 Posts
A little tip for those who like to adjust the sensitivity to make it darker and quicker. Basically you put a blue piece of transparent plastic over the sensor in the back of the rear view mirror (makes it think it's darker). Another suggestion is a piece of electricians tape covering about 3/4 of the sensor. Works like a charm.
Won't the mirror just not dim as much, at night, cars come up behind you, little of their headlights hit the sensor so the mirror doesn't dim much? I think I would normally like it to go the other way and dim more.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Premium; Previously 2013 ATS 3.6L Auto, 2013 ATS 2.0L Auto
347 Posts
I could pass on the frameless mirror, but it sure would be nice to not have the steamer trunk stuck on the windshield. The new smaller control box is nice.

·
Registered
ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red
286 Posts
I could pass on the frameless mirror, but it sure would be nice to not have the steamer trunk stuck on the windshield. The new smaller control box is nice.
First time I've seen a complaint about the size of the module on the windshield. When driving, only a small portion is visible outside the mirror space. Didn't think steamer trunks ever looked that small, lol.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T 6MT Premium RWD
114 Posts
I know this is resurrecting a long dead thread, but for those of you who replaced the mirror, what are the wires inside the brackets for?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts