Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see who are the die hards. How many have you owned and what years?

Myself...
In order of purchase:

1985 Fleetwood Coupe
1995 Fleetwood
1959 Coupe Deville
1960 Series 62 Coupe

The first 3 were all garage mates at one point. Made parking real interesting :rolleyes: Especially with 2 bikes a 73 Eldo convertable and an 86 RX7 that were my buddies. The first one to go was the 85, followed soon after by the 59. Last one to go was the 95 back in May and the 60 came home 3 weeks ago. It's a sicknees that hopefuly has no cure :D

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
1980 Eldorado (5.7?)
1979 Eldorado Biarritz (368 v8)
1977 or 1978 (I forget!) Sedan DeVille Phaeton (425? v8)
1995 Eldorado Touring Coupe (Northstar)
1995 Fleetwood Brougham (LT1)

I guess it mystified me how people loved my Father's car back in 1985 when he bought a 1980 White Eldorado and had it re-painted and perfected. It looked brand new in and out - and people just swarmed around it. I couldn't understand why at the time but it really was a very nice car.

So in about 1994 I bought my first Cadillac. A 1980 Eldorado. I didn't have enough money to maintain it and sold it soon after. But I loved driving it - even though it was quite old at the time. It was very comfortable and it actually got looks. It was dark blue.

My next Cadillac was a Biarritz. It was also dark blue and THAT car turned heads as well. There aren't many good-condition old Eldorados around anymore.

Next up was a '77 or 78 - jeez, I forget. It wasn't the older style.. It had the Phaeton package. Very powerful! And very smooth driving! I actually raced this car a little because it really moved! I actually wanted a Fleetwood Brougham but I found this for the right price. $300.00 because the driver's side door wouldn't open. A friend fixed it for me. The car was in near mint condition...

Then came the '95 Eldorado ETC. My favorite.. I can't say enough about this car. There's a page dedicated to it just below in my signature...

Now I've got a '95 Fleetwood Brougham - there's also a page to this car in my signature.. I bought this car because I figured it would be inexpensive and very luxurious.. I like big cars and this really fits the bill. I'm really loving this car - but it doesn't turn heads nearly as much as my ETC did.

I drove MANY other cars in-between these.. Mostly Z28s, Formulas and Trans Ams. There's a Vette in there, a Monte Carlo, a couple of Regals, a Riviera (loved that), an old Nova, a Beretta.. Hmm...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
'69 Fleetwood
'73 Eldorado
'85 Eldorado
'91 Seville
'93 STS

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
2 Cadillacs:
1988 Sedan DeVille & 1993 Sixty~Special.
3 Lincolns:
1986 Mark 7 - 1998 Mark 8 - 2003 Town Car Cartier Limited
3 Imperials:
1972 LeBaron - 1975 LeBaron Crown Coupe - 1982 Coupe

Except for the 1982 Imperial, they were all great cars.
Never had a mer-SAY-deees, Bummer, dis-Lexus, Slob or any other "foreign-matter" ~ Never will, zero desire!!

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
My 1991 Brougham D'Elegance with the 5.7L is the only one.

I always liked the big shape of them and the big chrome fins, I also like the styling changes they got over the 80s ones and the 5.7L (4.1L in a car this big? what were they thinking? :bonkers: ) They're the last of the classic style Cadillacs, it gets looks and people fear it's size :D I don't plan on getting out of mine or one like it anytime soon.

I want to get an older Cadillac sometime like a 1959 or 60 or a later 70s Eldorado.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have owned two Cadillacs in my lifetime.

The first Cadillac was a 1983 Fleetwood Brougham. It was grey, or blue, depending if you look at it in direct sunlight or in a shadow :) It had a blue cloth top on it. What attracted me to it is that despite of the age, it looked good, had no rust, the headliner inside was not sagging (it was brand new) as I found out later and the engine looked new, too. It had a continental kit in the back when I first saw it. Later as I was going to buy it, somebody has stolen the kit. But that didn't change my purchasing desicion.

When I bought this car, I found out that just about everything that could possibly have been wrong with the car, was. I spent three thousand dollars to purchase a car and another three thousand dollars simply to keep it operable. First thing that went wrong was a heater, and it was winter, granted, a Texas winter, but it was chilly, nonetheless. Then I found out that transmission made a funny sound, especially when going in reverse, it needed to be rebuilt and reconditioned. Then, something was wrong with a steering mechanism, because it was so long ago, in late 90's, I do not remember exactly what, but it thinned my wallet by another three hundred dollars. Then the front tires were starting to show thin metal hairs and another visit to my mechanic, who, by the way, could tell it was me just by the way the phone rang :tongue2: , showed that I need a front end redone. Then every time it rained, the frong passenger seat would get wet. Glass shop said that the seals where the window is touching the car body are old and brittle and leaks water in. Then the power front windows decided not to work. Thank God they decided to quit in the upright position, so at least when it rained, the water would not pour in. Those two things I had not any money to repair, though. But the air conditioner still worked, so during the summer, I was not sweating buckets, but my fuel bills were high as the air conditioner worked full power all the time to cool the hot air inside that could not circulate because of abov mentinoed broken power windows. As I later found out, my engine was not tuned, so I tuned that and it turned out that my plugs badly needed replacement. The check engine light kept coming on all the time because of some electronic gizmo in the motor went bad. Another thorough inspection showed and I needed a new computer, but I didn't have $500 at the time. I also made another stupid mistake (among untold millions I made back when I was much younger :rolleyes: ). I rode my car until it was barely running on gas fumes. My fuel pump did not like that and soon became acting moody, and my Cadillac was starting only whenever it felt like it. At the time, though, I didn't know why. Never ever ride your car on fumes.

Then once I bought some raw chicken from grocery shop and forgot it in my car's trunk. Several weeks later, the smell of the car was unbearable, and it was accidentally that I found out that I forgot chicken in my trunk after I opened it I don't even remember why.

Then I wrecked it. I hit the Chevy truck from behind... and another Nissan truck hit me from behind. That taught me another valueable lesson: never taligate anyone, especially with pouring rain and very poor visibility. The left rear door was jammed and couldn't open as a result. The car was still running, though, it was just slightly redesigned :)

I did put custom stereo in it with speakers. That car taught me a lot about Cadillacs, thought I learned everything the hard way.

And my next Cadillac is my current 1994 Fleetwood Brougham. It, at first, cost me a lot of money, too, but now, everything is taken care of and I maintain my car religiously. If you went in to GMforums.com, back when it existed, I posted that the car would suddenly die in the middle of rush hour traffic. It was a fuel pump, which I how I found out why my 1983 Cadillac was acting up. I will not go into repairs of my 1994 Fleetwood as I want to keep this posting brief. I will just say that most of my visits to the shop were maintenance, not repair issues.

Well, that's my story.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
Well I'm not sure whether or not I owned the first one, but I'll count it anyway:

75 Sedan DeVille (I really want this car back... droool)
78 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance (I think it knows that I want to replace it, so it's been breaking things lately so I can't trade it until I fix it, this in turn makes me want to trade it more)

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
so far:

1993 Coupe DeVill

happens to be ultra rare...1 of 119 made....

....other plans in my future with Cadillac:

1959 Eldo drop top, full restored.... my all time favorite car
1954 (or arough there) CDV or Eldo... hardtop or conv...after the '59 my 2nd all time favorite car
1977-1989 Brougham with a 500 transplant, and hottrod the hell outta it (Ultra Slow, are you listening? :D)
1995 Fleetwood Brougham.... make it a huge sleeper, but more practical then the above
1996 STS... daily driver

really, I alredy told myself, by the time i pas on, I WILL have the '59, and hoping for the ~'54 as well.... the '77-'89 Brougham seems very much doable as they are pretty cheap.... I would like to use my mothes car (once she decides to sell it) as it is to a very rare car (every extra option, gold package tc..) only thing is, the car has alot of problems, andshe will sell it when it finally dies, so it will have even more by then.... the '96 STS I just love... love everything about it, and I am thinking maybe in the near future (4 years?) I will have one, and let the DeVille take a break)

and yes, I DO plan on keeping my '93 CDV.....forever...for alot of reasons, but this thread is long enough :D

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Just when I was about to make a ridiculous offer for that Slate-Bronze Coupe deVille, too! Damn :disappoin

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well it's nice to know I'm not the only one with an unhealthy affliction for these things.

Night Wolf,
A man with goals. I like that, lol. Actually, Befor I came across my current ride I was in an all out man hunt for a '56 coupe. I was in a biding war for a 56 Eldo Seville that was in decent shape. Unfortunatley I got sniped out at the last posable second. By almost 3G's mind you. I guess home boy wanted it a littel bit more then I did :shocked:

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
My first Cadillac was a low mileage 1967 Coupe De Ville. Talk about getting props everywhere I went. I bought and sold it in the mid-90's.

I test drove a brand new '96 Fleetwood in '96. But I just couldn't justify the $45,000 price tag. Cadillacs tend to depreciate much too fast.

I came across this '96 Fleetwood last December. It had 14,000 miles and was reasonably priced (much less than $45,000). Plus it was a Black on Black Brougham.

I was amazed at the props she got. Even when she was stock.

Eventually, I'd like to add a '60 Convertible to my stable. But I'd settle for any low mileage '50s or '60 convertible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
78 Seville black with white leather interior, miss this one
72 Fleetwood broughm, green 40k original miles cragar bars, gas killed me
62 62 Series conv. red &white interior, sold it for needed cash
66 El Dorado Conv...yes Last rear wheel drive El Dog, frame off resto, 4000 man hours...brought 31k at Barrett Jackson Auction in 1999.
67 El Dorado ...white with black leather, sold it an lost my ass
71 El Dog Rag..White with Red leather interior..(piece of *&^) sold to germans who shipped the car home.
76 El Dog Burgundy with Dual Exhaust..500 Ci hummed boy. Not a keeper
78 Seville Elagante (never ran right), gave up on it. I want it back.
82 Fleetwood Black, Vogues, Black int....STolen..Recovered on Blocks with bent frame.
82 Fleetwood Burgundy..Best Ride, low miles sold it to my boy in Detroit. Rob Dog
96 STS Burgundy in an out...current ride.

I have pictures .....one day I would love to post all of em.

·
Registered
20 Posts
84 Eldorado, Woodland Haze firemist over dark brown leather, bought new, sold @ 12k miles

85 Eldorado Biarritz, Black over dark red leather, bought new, sold @ 8k miles

89 Eldorado, light blue with matching 1/2 top and opera lamps over dark blue leather, still have @ 110k miles

90 Eldorado Biarritz, Sapphire Blue Firemist over dark blue leather, sold @ 95k miles

90 Sedan Deville, Antelope Firemist over taupe leather, bought new, sold @ 35k miles

91 Seville, Cottillion white over red leather, sold @ 70k miles

91 Sedan Deville, Sapphire Blue Firemist over dark blue leather, sold @ 132k miles

94 STS, Nautical Blue over ivory leather, bought almost new, sold @ 68k miles

98 Sedan Deville, bought new, sold @ 37k miles

02 Eldorado, Firemist Red over natural leather, bought new (still have @ 14k miles)

1 - 20 of 169 Posts
About this Discussion
168 Replies
141 Participants
caddydaddy