Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville 1996
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told by the dealer my 1996 Deville has the original belts and hoses and the service manager recommended replacement of the belts and hoses. One hose sprang a leak not long after so i parked it. The dealer wants $800.00 to replace the hoses and belts. I not too long ago I dropped $2500 to replace two sensors in the transmission I was afraid of causing damage to the transmission so I had the dealer replace them. No, they did not kiss me first.:mad2: I called a neighborhood garage and they want $70.00 per hose and $125.00 for the belts. My question is how many belts and hoses does my car have? I'm really not wanting to pay his kids college tuitition or fund his retirement. Sheesh!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,973 Posts
2 belts, 1 serpentine (A/C, P/S, alternator) and one water pump drive belt.
2 hoses, upper and lower radiator.

$800 :eek: Certainly are not shy are they. I'm definitely in the wrong buisness.

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville 1996
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Shy they are not! I'm going with the neighborhood guy. The dealer can bite me. I'm due for an 80,000 mile service also but it won't be with the dealer.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
You can change the small fan belt yourself. Nothing to it. Retail at dealer for part is $13 or so.
Serpentine belt part is probably $60 for a brand name part.
30 min labor???

You can also do hoses yourself. Parts are probably $70 or less.
1 hr labor??

If you use shop, take your own 2 gal of anti freeze. That will save you $20 to $30.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts