Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 2015 raven black red brimbo w/ manual transmission and its very difficult... I am wondering just how many were produced???

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
There were only 500 ‘15 V coupes built, and probably less than 20% of those were 6M. Raven black was the most common color (don’t know about the red Brembo calipers) though so you might luck out. You may want to consider a ‘13 or ‘14 as there were no differences, other than red stitching on ‘15s, between those years. Best of luck in your search! :cheers:

·
Registered
CTS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the info... its hard to find the raven black everyone seams to like the
tri coat... cant stand the tri coat on black... all other colors its great but not black, its just my preference... Yep seriously want the red stitching... Trying to retire one of these beautiful beasts very young...

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
I am looking for a 2015 black raven w/red brembo & w/manual transmission and its very difficult... I am wondering just how many were produced???
Assuming that forum member V WAGON is correct in his research, and I have no reason to believe he is not, then your search for a 2015 Black Raven (GBA) V coupe will be fruitless. According to GM there were 500 2015 CTS-V coupes produced. V WAGON's research shows the color breakdown for those 500 coupes as:
Black Diamond (GLK) - 218
Crystal White (G1W) - 169
Phantom Gray (G7Q) - 113

And there were only 64 MY 2015 coupes with manual transmission.

For reference here is the thread started by V WAGON that provides a link to his spread sheet:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-2015-cadillac-cts-v-general/960330-extensive-v2-production-number-breakdown.html#post16568402

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
My money’s on Vwagon. Given those options I’d go with Phantom Gray.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
My money’s on Vwagon. Given those options I’d go with Phantom Gray.
Agreed - never been a fan of the Black Diamond

But... in Phantom Gray there are only 15 with a manual trans. Of those, only 3 with the sunroof delete (my preference)
And of those 3... 1 shows a salvage title.

Yeah joeruscito, you may need to expand your search out to 13s and 14s.

(and I'll keep looking for 1 of 9 MY 2011 V coupes in Evolution Green a w/man trans :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Wagon
102 Posts
64 total 2015 coupes were built with manual trans If Black is code GLK then there were 33 built with manual trans.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
I have a 2013,sedan,red,6-spd. There were only 6 of them built in 2013 with that combination according to the info on this site.

·
Registered
'96 Corvette GSc, '17 Volt, '17 Malibu Hybrid
6 Posts
CTS-V Coupe With Manual Transmission?

Sorry, but I couldn't see how to search for this, so I just have to ask...was the CTS-V Coupe ever available with a manual transmission? I find the car very intriguing, but only if there's a third pedal available.

OK. Let me amend that. I see looking down the list of threads that there was a post from someone who has a '12 Coupe with a manual. so I'll rephrase the question to "what years was the Coupe available with a manual? I've been looking for a '15 with a manual and haven't seen one yet, so...

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
Re: CTS-V Coupe With Manual Transmission?

Sorry, but I couldn't see how to search for this, so I just have to ask...was the CTS-V Coupe ever available with a manual transmission? I find the car very intriguing, but only if there's a third pedal available.

OK. Let me amend that. I see looking down the list of threads that there was a post from someone who has a '12 Coupe with a manual. so I'll rephrase the question to "what years was the Coupe available with a manual? I've been looking for a '15 with a manual and haven't seen one yet, so...
500 Special Edition CTS-V coupes were produced as the finale for 2nd Gen CTS-V (or V2). That was it as these 500 cars were the last of the breed (no 2015 sedans or wagons were built). A manual transmission was indeed available in these last 500 CTS-V coupes https://www.google.ca/search?q=2015+CTS-V+500+special+edition&oq=2015+CTS-V+500+special+edition&aqs=chrome..69i57.24001j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8.

There's a white 2015 CTS-V coupe with a 6 speed MANUAL for sale in Baytown Texas (Baytown Nissan)
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=485350767&zip=33609&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=33609&startYear=2015&vehicleStyleCodes=COUPE&incremental=all&endYear=2015&modelCodeList=CTS&makeCodeList=CAD&driveGroup=RWD&transmissionCodes=MAN&listingTypes=used%2Cnew&sortBy=derivedpriceDESC&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=0&trimCodeList=CTS%7CV&listingTypes=used,new&startYear=2015&numRecords=25&vehicleStyleCodes=COUPE&firstRecord=0&endYear=2015&modelCodeList=CTS&makeCodeList=CAD&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=CAD&modelCode1=CTS

I found that one in about 3 minutes! Good luck with your search!

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V Long Roof; '10 CTS Long Roof, now serving the Coast Guard; '16 ATS-V Sedan
13,888 Posts

Any of the 3 V iterations were available with the third pedal, but you are going to have to spend some time. I looked for a year, but it was well worth it! Good luck with your search, and let us know.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts

I've been looking for a '15 with a manual and haven't seen one yet, so...
Of the 500 2015 CTS-V coupes made, 64 had a manual trans. Black Diamond - 33 (1 with salvage title), 16 White Diamond (1 with salvage title),
15 Phantom Gray. Those were the only 3 colors for the 2015.

Fun Fact: If you want a really unique CTS-V... VIN 1G6DV1EP8F0100714 was a Phantom Gray coupe with a manual trans and sunroof.
It was the last "CTS-V" ever made with a manual trans, since the the third generation (2016 up sedans) are all auto trans. (It's out there somewhere)

Total production of CTS-V coupes with a manual trans from 2011 through 2015 was 1239.
Total CTS-V coupe production was 8567

And yeah... ATS-Vs can still be purchased with a manual trans.

·
Registered
CTS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There were only 500 ‘15 V coupes built, and probably less than 20% of those were 6M. Raven black was the most common color (don’t know about the red Brembo calipers) though so you might luck out. You may want to consider a ‘13 or ‘14 as there were no differences, other than red stitching on ‘15s, between those years. Best of luck in your search! :cheers:
I finally got it!!!! I found one, and attached is the story... ;-)
My new 2015 CTS V Coupe Manual Transmission

Black on Black on Black - W/ the red brimbos!​

I have a 2012 CTS coupe 3.6L and I love it. But I have always wanted that extra everything that the "V" offers. And so one evening i was reading thru the Cadillac-forum and daydreaming of all the fun power mods you can add to a 3.6L and this one question impressed me so much, well actually it was the response from a reader that garnered this perfect suggestion. And the words are so true "JUST GET THE V!" It was so true, these mods are for nothing, JUST GET THE "V!" And so after lusting after this animal for over two years, I was finally able to capture one way down in the bad lands of Texas. GOD BLESS TRUMP... 6.2 L all Aluminum Block 556 horse power, 541 ft. lbs. torque with - ahhhhh yes - 1.9 L Blower.

And so i had the animal caged, sedated and transfer to Maryland for its new foster family, and home to the famous TV barons of Motor Week. When she arrived; all the people associated with the Adoption Center were in a frizzy with paper work to legalize the purchase. After this beauty was legally mine, she was off to the finest Glass Tinting Shop in the region for a new shade of 3M Crystalline film to protect the interior and increase the attitude and appearance. From there it was time for a medical evaluation where a team of Mechanics poked and prodded, sniffed and monitored for a full Medical Report and analysis of the mechanical health. A few minor repairs, some tweaks to the system and a new "bill of health" forwarded to the nervous new family.

And so after a collective sigh of relief everyone is happy and agree it’s time for a "Make Over." Off to the Beauty shop for a deep cleaning, pedicure, hair doo and lip stick all before tucking her into bed for the winter... And so after a very busy week this beauty is warm and comfortable resting for the winter in her new home by the reservoir. Climate controlled stable fit for the pure bred that she is... A Champion of cars much like the prize winning horses here in horse country we all call home.

When she wakes from a long winters nap this galloping beauty will stretch her legs and lay tracks to some of the finest roads and most beautiful landscape Maryland has to offers. So right now this Black Beauty is resting for the winter but once the weather breaks it will be "Exercise Time" again... 0-60 mph time of 3.9 seconds for the CTS-V So Fellas if you are looking for some new Mod to increase the fun factor of your Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sedan or Waggin', do like I did and JUST GET THE "V", you won’t be disappointed...

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V Long Roof; '10 CTS Long Roof, now serving the Coast Guard; '16 ATS-V Sedan
13,888 Posts
Nice. I know the feeling. Get a good blanket (car cover) for her long winter's nap. That's important. I bought a fitted covercraft.

(and it's Brembo!)

·
Registered
CTS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do need a blanket... LOL lots of spelling errors indeed. You can tell my excitement... Its an unbelievable car for sure, and I am so pleased.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts