Cadillac Owners Forum banner

How long have you owned your seville or eldorado?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so how long you owned your car? bought it when it first came out or just got it. i have only had my eldo for 1 year loved the hell out of the car 163xxx miles and no hg issues or anything major for that matter what about yall? anyone bought the car new and still have it?

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: How long have you owned your seville or eldorado?

also vote for bought it new if u got it new and still have it

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts

Bought my 2000 STS on June 30th, 2008 with 54306 miles on it. Had been traded in on a certified '08 STS V8 and needed headgaskets, water pump, motor mount, brakes and a few other necessities (all fixed before I purchased it). I'm now up to 72k miles and i've put around $2k into the car so far and it's right where I want it to be now. It has a few scratches and a couple of dents but otherwise it's cosmetically perfect and the interior is pristine. Nothing major has been repaired, unless the crankshaft position sensors count as major.

I'm looking forward to getting another 80K miles out of her before I trade up to a newer STS or CTS.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Bought my 2000 STS on June 30th, 2008 with 54306 miles on it. Had been traded in on a certified '08 STS V8 and needed headgaskets, water pump, motor mount, brakes and a few other necessities (all fixed before I purchased it). I'm now up to 72k miles and i've put around $2k into the car so far and it's right where I want it to be now. It has a few scratches and a couple of dents but otherwise it's cosmetically perfect and the interior is pristine. Nothing major has been repaired, unless the crankshaft position sensors count as major.

I'm looking forward to getting another 80K miles out of her before I trade up to a newer STS or CTS.
how much did you pay for the car? 2k for headgaskets and all the other parts is cheap you do it yourself?

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts

I paid $10k for the car, and the headgaskets, water pump, brakes, etc. were done before I purchased the car. The $2k I've spent has included brakes, crankshaft sensors, intermediate shaft replacement, new ignition switch, theft module, trunk weatherstrip, intake plenum boot just to name a few.

I have all the records for the car, including the ones the original owners had. They bought the car from the same dealership in May 2000 and had it serviced there the whole time. Within the next 30-40k miles I'm expecting to be replacing the struts and whatever other odds and end decide to pop up.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Seville STS
36 Posts

have had my sts for about 4 months. bought it with 115xxx miles on it. she now has about 120. had solenoid sensor bad in it when i first got it, cost me 500...dealer 1500. i love the hell out of my car. wouldn't trade it for the world. stole her for a little under 3000.

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts

99 STS Z-rated. Paid too much and a year later dumped $4K into HGs, cams and lower case half seal. Just walked into my garage and got a little tingle when I realized "that's my car." Still returns the favor when I turn it on.

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts

Mine is 99STS as well, bought at a Caddy Dealership in Collingwood, On. The car sat on the lot for at least five months before we picked it up in 2005, it had 33K on it now has 89k, only problems so far have been, Motormount (big surprise), Blowermotor, Interior Temp Sensor, and when we first got it, the two crankshaft sensors. The watercooled Alt leaked at the elbow fitting, and the waterpump has been replaced. Still returns 29 to 30 mpg or 640k from a tank. Terrific Car

·
Registered
03 Seville STS
61 Posts

Bought my 03 STS in September for 13k... I swear I must have looked at every single classified for 03 Sevilles in CA before I found her. When I finally took a road trip to the dealership, the car was no where to be found! Turns out some salesman had hid her so he could sale her to someone else. I swear I must have examined her up and down, inside out, for hours. Took the test drive and got the car up to 100mph with the quickness,:burn: better believe that got the salesman blood pumping LOL. :lildevil: I had my buddy at my local GM dealer run a Service history report on her, found a lot of stuff had been done; most of the important stuff had been done so I said what the hell... took two road trips and a whole lot of negotiating before I got her home. Love my car she puts me on :cloud9:

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts

‘97 STS bought it in Jan ’06 with 60K.
The car was owned since new by a middle age couple. Then was bought at an auction in mid 05 by the small dealership I bought it from (sat on the lot a good part of ’05). I spent probably the most amount of money into the car by far from anybody here but over 50% of the repairs were non essential (just my obsession to keep the car as new as possible – issues free):
- Spark plugs (Bosch Platinum 4) – big mistake
- Brake pads
- Fuel pump
- FR wheel hub assembly
- Fuel line (steel second design)
- Spark plugs and Wire set (AcDeclo)
- Water pump and belt
- Shifter knob
- Steering wheel
- Alternator and belt
- Gas tank filler neck and hose
- Upper struts mounts
- Hard wired auxiliary input (base HU sound processor chip hack)
- HID
- Alternator (again)
- Sway bar bushings
- Rear breaks (pads and rotors)
- Tires
- Torque struts
- Rack and pinion
- Crisp white LED interior (everything)
- Professional paint job w/buffing (including underneath) + replaced most of the door seals, windshield (scratch and stone chip) rear glass weather strip, some trims (for wheel arches, door glass and chrome strip all around) and lots of clips, nuts bolts…
- OEM $$$truts (all corners) and sway bar links
- EBCTM
- CD Changer
- Woodgrain steering wheel
- Belt tensioner
- Right side headlight (fading mirror + one stone chip)
- A/C Compressor and Drier
- Gold plated emblems set (all 4 pieces)
- OEM 7 spokes chrome rims
- FL wheel hub assembly
- Battery
- RH marker (stone chip)
- Both fog lights (also buffed)
- Front brakes (pads and rotors)
- Tires
- Power antenna shaft, gear and bushes
- LH Side dash wood trim
- EGR valve
- BOSE conversion (in dash OEM CD/RDS Radio/Tape BOSE HU w/Hard wired AUX input, RIM, Speakers + ~270m of wires, countless rolls of electric tape, aluminum tape and over 100 hours of labor). Working to further convert to Denso NAV (already purchased - twice)
- Soon FPR, rear knuckle bushings and 4 wheel alignment.
Wish list:
- Gold plated STS logo chrome center caps
- Embroidered floor mats

I am sure I am missing some things…
All above parts were new and OEM (no aftermarket stuff).
91 premium all the time, 10W30 Valvoline every 5000 Km, way beyond spirited drive.

Love-it! :cloud9:

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts

^I always forget how awesome the exterior design was on the 92-97 STS. It looks so chiseled, clean, and more aggresive than the 98+ If I were looking for a Seville, it would have to be the 92-97, it looks 100x nicer than the newer ones.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts

Bought my 89 STS in 1994 with 70k on it for $10,500.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts

^I always forget how awesome the exterior design was on the 92-97 STS. It looks so chiseled, clean, and more aggresive than the 98+ If I were looking for a Seville, it would have to be the 92-97, it looks 100x nicer than the newer ones.
I was looking EXCLUSIVELY for a ’97 and now I am trying to convert-it into a ‘02-‘03 gadgets wise (everything else stays ’97 like in these pictures).

·
Registered
2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K
787 Posts

Brought my 2000 STS back in Sept 08 with 59k for around $4,000 with trade and have been in love ever since! I always loved the way these cars looked and always admired them when I would see one riding down the street. I still get chills when I open my garage and see my beauty begging me to drive her! No major issues at all. Changed plugs, boots, and coolant everything else seems perfect. I think my rear shocks are going bad (kinda bounces around in the back), and I have a blown passenger side door speaker. I plan on installing H.I.D.s and buying sum vogues to give her that classy cadillac look! Interior is immaculate except for the missing front floor mats. Wouldnt trade her for anything!!

·
Registered
1991 STS, 1992 Fleetwood, 1987 Maxima wagon
276 Posts

Bought my '91 STS in Cedar Rapids, IA on August 16th, 2008, brought her home on the 23rd, with 84K on the clock and had fuel injectors turn to toast on the ride home (that was a fun trip). She started life out in Michigan from what the dealer maintenance log thing in the owners manual shows and was here at least thru '94. Paid $3700 for a very original car that has needed constant attention since (original window sticker included). The body and interior were in very good shape (tinted rear windows saved the leather and wood), other bits have showed 18 years of wear (suspension, cooling and A/C, various engine/tranny gaskets) but for the most part, it's a car worth keeping, given the rarity of the first STS. By time I'm done with my current service, the suspension will pretty much be rebuilt, cooling system will be basically new except for the still original water pump (92K now) with new rad, hoses, coolant pipes; brakes will be all new (calipers, rotors, pads, lines, master cylinder rebuilt by previous owner), tranny sealed up with new fluid, filter, bottom and side cover gaskets, dip stick o-ring. Leatherique has softened up the leather and a custom matched dye will help prevent the wearing thru of the driver's side seat bolsters and armrest. Headliner will hopefully be replaced this summer.

I really want to take this car to the Woodward Ave. Dream Cruise in August and have it be as close as I can get it to original condition...time and budget permitting. All in all, I still love this car even given its flaws. The paint still shines admirably, the interior shows pretty well, the body is remarkably rust-free considering it started in Michigan, the engine still dusted off a Cobalt SS from a stop light (Thank You 4.9L Torque!) but fell victim to a new CTS at 40+mph, exactly where a new CTS should pull ahead. But it's great though...so much character in this ride.

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts

Bought my '91 STS in Cedar Rapids, IA on August 16th, 2008, brought her home on the 23rd, with 84K on the clock and had fuel injectors turn to toast on the ride home (that was a fun trip). She started life out in Michigan from what the dealer maintenance log thing in the owners manual shows and was here at least thru '94. Paid $3700 for a very original car that has needed constant attention since (original window sticker included). The body and interior were in very good shape (tinted rear windows saved the leather and wood), other bits have showed 18 years of wear (suspension, cooling and A/C, various engine/tranny gaskets) but for the most part, it's a car worth keeping, given the rarity of the first STS. By time I'm done with my current service, the suspension will pretty much be rebuilt, cooling system will be basically new except for the still original water pump (92K now) with new rad, hoses, coolant pipes; brakes will be all new (calipers, rotors, pads, lines, master cylinder rebuilt by previous owner), tranny sealed up with new fluid, filter, bottom and side cover gaskets, dip stick o-ring. Leatherique has softened up the leather and a custom matched dye will help prevent the wearing thru of the driver's side seat bolsters and armrest. Headliner will hopefully be replaced this summer.

I really want to take this car to the Woodward Ave. Dream Cruise in August and have it be as close as I can get it to original condition...time and budget permitting. All in all, I still love this car even given its flaws. The paint still shines admirably, the interior shows pretty well, the body is remarkably rust-free considering it started in Michigan, the engine still dusted off a Cobalt SS from a stop light (Thank You 4.9L Torque!) but fell victim to a new CTS at 40+mph, exactly where a new CTS should pull ahead. But it's great though...so much character in this ride.

I had a 1990 Seville STS for a few months back in 2003 when I was 19. It was a great performing car, the 4.5 V8 really moved that little car. Mine was pearl white with a camel/brown leather interior. Front and Rear consoles, lots of Rolls Royce looking burled walnut. It had 105k miles, but the front seats were pretty worn, paint still looked nice though. I sold it a few months later for the same $4000 I paid for it.

·
Registered
1991 STS, 1992 Fleetwood, 1987 Maxima wagon
276 Posts

I had a 1990 Seville STS for a few months back in 2003 when I was 19. It was a great performing car, the 4.5 V8 really moved that little car. Mine was pearl white with a camel/brown leather interior. Front and Rear consoles, lots of Rolls Royce looking burled walnut. It had 105k miles, but the front seats were pretty worn, paint still looked nice though. I sold it a few months later for the same $4000 I paid for it.
My first 2 cars were big GM RWDs...'78 Bonneville Brougham (400 V8) and an '84 LeSabre (wimpy 3.8L) so I can appreciate your '91. My grandparents also had a 425 '79 Fleetwood Brougham that I almost bought from them (Cherry!). If there was another Caddy I would buy, it'd be a '90 or '91 Brougham with a 5.7L or one of the LT-1 last gen. Broughams. There's still nothing more entertaining than low-down torque and if some GM cars have a high point, it's the ability to provide that as soon as you hit the Go pedal.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

n*caddy u have hids? what color do you have i put 8k top and 6k bottom. i want some 3k yellow now for the bottom

·
Registered
2000 ETC
13 Posts

Just sold my 1990 Seville I had for a few years and bought a 2k Eldorado 3 months back. The Seville had a -perfect- burgundy interior and, other than a few parking lot dents in the door trim, the exterior (silver) was immaculate as well. She was in better shape when I sold her (mechanically, didn't have to do much at all to the exterior/interior).

The Eldo is night and day in comparison; Excellent interior/exterior/mechanically like the Seville, but will damn near snap your head off at the neck when you drop the hammer for a WOT. Only downside (if you can call it that) is that the Eldo doesn't have that nice strap on the door that my wife can grab when I drop said hammer. (Her reaction time is getting better tho... :eek: )

·
Registered
6,405 Posts

n*caddy u have hids? what color do you have i put 8k top and 6k bottom. i want some 3k yellow now for the bottom
5K lows, but probably when the time will come to replace I would go with 4K because 5K has a slight bluish hue.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts