Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Just curious.
When I find a car I like I tend to hang on to it. I had my Firebird for 16 years. I sold it when it got too bad to keep up with it. I'm going on 11 years with the 04 Deville, I put a motor in it last year so I will probably keep that a couple more years.
I am a keeper as well! I have a 1964 Fleetwood that I purchased over 20 years ago! My folks purchased a 1993 DeVille in 1994, I now own that car and am bringing it back to former glory! It is a wonderful road car, and gets 25 MPG! My sweetheart's recently purchased 2010 DTS does not do much better than that on gas. Amazing in 17 years, not much improvement in MPG. The DTS does have many toys that the '93 lacks, but I still like the '93 DeVille. Simpler is sometimes better!

Hi there, got a 1993 Sedan DeVille, Gunmetal Metallic, 97.7k mi., Currently in FL
The car has been in the family since 1995. I took it over from my parents in 2010.
It is in good condition, runs well, has good rubber, & regularly serviced.
The A/C was converted to R 134; I replaced a few rusted brake lines, transmission cooler, front wheel bearings & Rt. front drive axle. They tell me rear shock air bladders are leaking, so I disconnected the fuse to the electric level control. However there still is no better ride, & I have driven it from NY to FL for the past 5 yrs. Unfortunately, I may have to part with it, since I will be moving from NY to FL, & will no longer be taking those long rides.

Just curious.
When I find a car I like I tend to hang on to it. I had my Firebird for 16 years. I sold it when it got too bad to keep up with it. I'm going on 11 years with the 04 Deville, I put a motor in it last year so I will probably keep that a couple more years.

Love the stories here. I just had to chime in.

I bought my 2005 Deville in 2010 with 29,000 miles. Followed advise here with maintenance and ideas. Namely, count on approximately 1 quart oil use every 1000 miles. I check and add as needed with the trip meter's help.

I have done little else besides replacing the stock window regulators front and back on the drivers side with upgraded ones. Other items are normal maintenance items, tires, belts and such, so I do not count those.. Added goodies were Vogue wheels, interior wood kit and some chrome pieces. It is still running great at 154,000+ miles just like when I bought it. One of the best cars I've ever owned and I have owned quite a few.

I put about 300-500 freeway miles a week on it and get 24-27 MPG. Hard to beat that!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.