Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen estimates from 2-4 hours or even more. I am having my mechanic do the install, but he's not sure how many hours it will take. They take off bumper covers all the time, but have never done a cadillac. Can someone give me a real world estimate of how long it should take a professional to install a new grille?

Thanks,

Shakey

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond tricoat 3.0 awd cts
143 Posts
I have seen estimates from 2-4 hours or even more. I am having my mechanic do the install, but he's not sure how many hours it will take. They take off bumper covers all the time, but have never done a cadillac. Can someone give me a real world estimate of how long it should take a professional to install a new grille?

Thanks,

Shakey
About an hour.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 LY7
285 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
1,229 Posts
I have taken mine off to paint multiple times. I would say a professional can do it in 1 hour and 2 hours for a mechanically inclined pal. The bumper removal is simple and the grill is just held in with a few clips. However, depending on the grill they may have to reuse the oem grills mounts which are riveted to the grill. So add another 30 minutes to drill out the old rivets and rivet the mounts to the new grill.

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS
162 Posts
It took me 30 minutes. 10 on dropping the bumper and then 5 to remove the old grille (just a bunch of clips) and then took the remaining time putting it in and all back together

1 - 5 of 5 Posts