Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ATS Premium 3.6 Coupe RWD built 12/2014
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a 2015 ATS 2.0T Premium Coupe Jan 31, 2015.

Please share your delivery wait time.

Dealer told me about 8 weeks. My last car was a BMW and it was built in Germany and delivered in 6 weeks. Ten days of which were on a boat.

You would think Cadillac could do better.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6MT
637 Posts
ordered my 2014 2.0 RWD Premium 6MT in April and received it beginning of June. 5 1/2 weeks or so if I remember right. it was a day late of what they said so they tinted for free

Good luck, you'll LOVE it!!!

·
Registered
Ats 2.0t Premium
50 Posts
I ordered my 2013 2.0t Premium mt at the end of November 2012 and it arrived the 1st week of February. What's that? 5 weeks?

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Nine weeks for mine. Feb 21 - Apr 28. Left the factory pretty quick. Most of the time was in transit. I could have walked (8 hours per day, 5 days per week) from the factory to my dealer in less time. If other manufacturers do it quicker, I suspect they pay more to expedite the transportation. I think GM must ship their cars stand-by. I don't think they care much about how long it takes. Probably don't really want to take special orders and figure anyone who feels that strongly about buying something not on a lot will put up with it. I've ordered most of my vehicles and don't care a bit how long it takes to get here but I do care about the predictability of how long it takes. I mean if it takes 12 weeks instead of 8, I'll just order 4 weeks sooner. Being able to plan on the arrival time is important though.

·
Registered
'15 ATS Coupe Lux
93 Posts
Ordered a 2015 ATS 2.0T Premium Coupe Jan 31, 2015.

Please share your delivery wait time.

Dealer told me about 8 weeks. My last car was a BMW and it was built in Germany and delivered in 6 weeks. Ten days of which were on a boat.

You would think Cadillac could do better.
ordered mine Oct 10 from dealer. dealer submitted to factory on Oct 15. he told me 8 wks to but said it could be delayed due to transportation issues (weather, etc). Factory scheduled production for week of Nov. 17. finally took delivery Dec 19.

congrats. I came from bmw too (that one only took a few weeks as my dealer was able to find what I wanted already on its way to another dealer he was able to trade with). so far no regrets at all. love the ATS. glad to be rid of the beemer, nice car but it had some issues and I hated dealing with their service dept.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer called and said my order was " accepted".

Does anyone know how long after acceptance they start to build the car and deliver it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD
28 Posts
Ordered mine November 29th and still waiting for it (hasn't even been built yet). Once the order was put in, I was told it was scheduled to be built the week of Jan 12th. We're now the week of Feb 3rd and as of yesterday's update, still no dice. Hopefully it's a quick delivery when it finally rolls off the production line, but I'm no longer optimistic.

Dealer told me 8 weeks tops when I ordered (but was optimistic I might even have it in December or early Jan) - looks like 12-14 weeks at least for mine... *sigh*.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered mine November 29th and still waiting for it (hasn't even been built yet). Once the order was put in, I was told it was scheduled to be built the week of Jan 12th. We're now the week of Feb 3rd and as of yesterday's update, still no dice. Hopefully it's a quick delivery when it finally rolls off the production line, but I'm no longer optimistic.

Dealer told me 8 weeks tops when I ordered (but was optimistic I might even have it in December or early Jan) - looks like 12-14 weeks at least for mine... *sigh*.

Sovjet,

Had an email from Cadillac customer service and all they would tell me was anywhere from 6-12 weeks.

Good luck. Keep me updated.

Was yours a Coupe or Sedan?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sedan - I'll keep you guys appraised as I learn more. Certainly not a happy camper so far...

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
I've ordered four vehicles brand new. Each one I've waited apx 3 months from the dealer entering it into their system.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
I've ordered four vehicles brand new. Each one I've waited apx 3 months from the dealer entering it into their system.
I've ordered most of mine beginning in the early '70s.

Most have been 6-10 weeks. Here are the oldest and newest in my stable. The newest took 7 weeks (more than 4 in transit). The oldest ('78 Trans Am WS6) took the longest. IIRC it was over 5 months from order to delivery because it was a WS6 with Hurst T-Tops (much larger than the standard ones like in Smokey and the Bandit and with just one release on each panel). Pontiac had trouble getting some of the WS6 parts and the Hurst panels (and Hurst roofs). Every time they had one they were out of the other. GM wanted to cancel the order numerous times but the dealer (pre-GOV Mecham) held them off. We could not convince them to set the WS6 parts aside for my car until the tops were available (or vice versa). Eventually all the stars aligned after many many months and they built the car. So I would be surprised if there are many (if any) other WS6s with Hurst tops.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, I suppose this explains why I'm still waiting on my ATS...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/10/us-gm-cadillac-exclusive-idUSKBN0LE0D220150210

"Cadillac has wrestled for more than a year to shrink inventories of unsold ATS and CTS models. In mid-December it shuttered the Lansing, Michigan, plant that builds the ATS and CTS for six weeks. The factory reopened January 26 on a single shift with a greatly reduced production schedule.

Even with the production cuts, Cadillac and its dealers had about four months' worth of unsold CTS sedans and six months’ worth of unsold ATS sedans on hand at the end of January, a Reuters analysis showed."

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quick update - dealer emailed to let me know that my car was built and is now listed "in transit".

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,245 Posts
Back in 2007, I ordered a CTS and it arrived in 3 weeks.
I figure that is rare. I think it helps if the dealer indicates on the order,
if they can still do it, that the car is Sold and not just an order for stock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts