Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant keep the tan carpet clean... want to change to black.

Seems like the following would need to be removed:
* Rear seat
* Front seats
* Center console
* Door sills
What else? Anything under the dash??

·
Alexandria, Va
Work on them all...
1,213 Posts
From the service manual -- condensed version -- the J 38778 is just a normal trim clip tool -- the carpet comes in 3 pieces; driver & passenger front and rear
Caution: In order to prevent SIR deployment, personal injury, or unnecessary SIR system repairs, do not strike the door or the door pillar in the area of the side impact sensor (SIS). Turn OFF the ignition and remove the key when performing service in the area of the SIS.
Remove:
front seats
center console
rear seat cushion
front carpet retainers
rear carpet retainers
center pillar garnish moldings
Using a J 38778 disconnect the push-in retainers at the rear ducts.
Carefully lift the rear carpet in order to disengage the front floor ducts (4) from the rear floor duct assembly.
Remove the carpet from the vehicle.
Using the J 38778 disconnect the push-in retainers from the air ducts to the rear carpet.
Remove the air ducts from the carpeting.

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
Dreamin, man you're right, these tan carpets are really hard to keep clean! They look great, but they show every spot.

I have decided to try just using contrasting black floormats to see how that does. I think it may do the trick. Something to consider before investing the $ and time in the swap.

·
Premium Member
1975 Seville; 2004 CTS V; 2011 CTS V Coupe
806 Posts
Most Automobile carpetting is molded to form-fit the contours of the body. This limits your choices, probably, to a stock replacement.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Our carpeting has about 1/4 - 1/2" of insulating foam attached to it. Most aftermarket companies won't put this on, or have something quite inferior. Go OEM if at all possible...my guess is it won't be too cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts