Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 SDV / 94 Z28 Conv. 355
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of ready mount struts G56726 for the rear of my 93 Sedan deville, I'm have to replace worn out air lift shocks. Also, I have springs resting between the underside and what looks like the top of A arms on the Indep. rear susp.. The ready mounts come complete with springs attached. What do I do with the other set of springs already on the car? :banghead: Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the ready mounts because they gave me new springs. I will do the same for the front when I can afford those as well. So what your saying is, I Can take out the stock springs with out affecting the ride, since the new struts are complete with springs. Even though they are in differnt areas of the rear.

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
It really depends on the physical properties of the new spring. Since it will be located closer to the wheel than the stock spring, it doesn't need to be as stiff as the stock spring because the wheel will not have as much leverage on it... I don't see any problems with it. It might be hard to install though because you have to compress the spring on the shock to get it in place.

Do you have pics? :D

·
Registered
94 ETC,97 STS
3,531 Posts
Call or email Gabriel. I emailed them awhile ago and they answered me within a day. They'll let you know if the springs are made to be used with the others or if you remove the others.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Krashed989 said:
It really depends on the physical properties of the new spring. Since it will be located closer to the wheel than the stock spring, it doesn't need to be as stiff as the stock spring because the wheel will not have as much leverage on it... I don't see any problems with it. It might be hard to install though because you have to compress the spring on the shock to get it in place.

Do you have pics? :D
When I rcxd. them I'll post pics.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Zonie77. The most obvious thing to do, never occured to me.:thepan:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts