Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Eldorado
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering how hard it really is to get the rivets off for the lower ball joints? I have a 97 eldorado, and also the wheel bearings, are they difficult? Thanks alot, this website is a life saver!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,990 Posts
Grind the rivet heads off and punch them out.

The hub & bearing assembly is not too hard, depending on your skill & experience level of coarse.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
Also a good sharp drill bit will cut right through the rivots. Center punch them and use a small bit to get started. Use a low speed on the drill and they should be out in no time.

Don

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Other than used replacement lower joints with control arms attached, like i had to use, you will not be able to locate ball joints ANYWHERE, INCLUDING GM. the parts department at my cadillac dealer told me they are not being made, and 1997 is the only year replacement ball joints are not made?????. I searched everywhere, and not luck. I got a pair from Cadillac heaven, out of a low mileage, 36k ETC, and when they arrived, the ball joints were in perfect condition, not loose at all, no leaks, boot covers were perfect. I would recommend Cadillac Heaven for anyone searching for parts for the 1997 model year, including ETC, DEVILLE CONCOURS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts