Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how fast a 92 deville is (91-93 devilles for that matter)? I have never been able to measure accel time or try top speed. If anyone ever measured 0-60mph, 1/4mi, top speed, etc. I'd be very curious to know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
There's several sites that post 0-60 times and I wouldn't doubt you can find 1/4 mile times as well.
As I recall, 1/4 mile should be in the low to mid 16's, and 0-60 should be somewhere in the 8 sec bracket. There's so much that can effect those times that would DEFINATELY apply to an older car like yours though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,622 Posts
yeah and when you hit about 120 130mph, your done, damn limiter :rolleyes: 8s sound about right, but 16s really? i was hopping for 15s at least.
 

·
Registered
Unicycle
Joined
·
11,009 Posts
DeVillish said:
yeah and when you hit about 120 130mph, your done, damn limiter :rolleyes: 8s sound about right, but 16s really? i was hopping for 15s at least.
FastChip can take that away :D

Yeah, I thoguht high 15's definitly....... I am going to a club meet end of Aug (Grand Am club) but dunno if I will be able to run my car because I do not have my license yet.......not cool....

.....anyway, instead of guessing here, someone should take their car and find out.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It must be the relatively low horsepower figure that's limiting the car's speed, since the torque is already abundant even for a 3500-3600lb car. A v6 camry (0-60 in ~8 sec?) felt much softer in normal driving due to its lower torque rating, but I guess the top end really makes up for it when you're going full throttle.

Another question to fellow 91-93 deville guys(w/ 4.9): can you spin your tires from the dead stop easily? Mine bogs down big time even with near full throttle and can't even sqeal a tire on a straight line and then accel picks up once I gain some speed (feels like the brakes are holding the wheels at low speeds or something). This phenomenon makes my car more sluggish than it should be. Does this mean I'm slower than those 6-cyl "familiy" sedans?
 

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac DeVille
Joined
·
397 Posts
blkchrry92dvl said:
It must be the relatively low horsepower figure that's limiting the car's speed, since the torque is already abundant even for a 3500-3600lb car. A v6 camry (0-60 in ~8 sec?) felt much softer in normal driving due to its lower torque rating, but I guess the top end really makes up for it when you're going full throttle.

Another question to fellow 91-93 deville guys(w/ 4.9): can you spin your tires from the dead stop easily? Mine bogs down big time even with near full throttle and can't even sqeal a tire on a straight line and then accel picks up once I gain some speed (feels like the brakes are holding the wheels at low speeds or something). This phenomenon makes my car more sluggish than it should be. Does this mean I'm slower than those 6-cyl "familiy" sedans?
I've got a 94 with the 4.9 and when i'm at a dead stop I can easily burn rubber! I just wait, drop the gas and listen to the tires squeal for a good 2 oe 3 seconds before traction control kicks in! But thats why you remove the ABS fuse first!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,622 Posts
yeah thats the traction control, i dont have that so when my tires arnt that hot i can leave 2 long black marks on the road, or in toys R us parking lot. :burn: try looking in your glove box and see if yours has a switch to turn of TC, the stomp on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2dfx said:
I've got a 94 with the 4.9 and when i'm at a dead stop I can easily burn rubber! I just wait, drop the gas and listen to the tires squeal for a good 2 oe 3 seconds before traction control kicks in! But thats why you remove the ABS fuse first!

I've looked at the fuse box under the hood (couldn't find one inside the cabin) and there were two boxes with various markings for all the fuses inside. None said anything about "traction control", which is what I guessed since trac control works with the help of ABS (right?). I recall there were two fuses both about ABS but I didn't know which one to pull. Also, when I pull the fuse do I need to disconnect the battery first or will I end up frying something if I don't do that? Thanks for the info.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top