Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L - Black/Black
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how far you guys have went on a set of brake pads. I rotated my tires today here in the garage and noticed the wear sensor is about to make contact with the rotor. I probably have another 3-4,000 miles before I need to change them. I have appx. 45k miles on this set of stock GM pads (front and back). I Changed them last at 45,000 miles, now have almost 91k on the car. I do mostly highway driving (75%). I know there was a thread about brakes a little while ago. Anything noticibly better than what I got from GMPartsdirect. These stock pads have virtually no dust and are quiet. looking for the same.

thanks

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
i think you have gotten lucky getting that many miles out of your brake pads. but i change mine out every 18 months or so, due to a lot of city and highway driving.

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
I was about 55,000 miles on the front and 60,000 on the rear. Mixture city/highway (more highway).

-GT

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Changed my stock pads finally at 95,000 miles. Mostly highway driving. Now have Hawk HPS pads on 14" brembos. Love them!

·
Registered
'03 CTS White Diamond
155 Posts
Changed my brake pads at 141,000 miles; 25% left on pads, rotors needed slight resurfacing. My car is driven 100 miles daily.

·
Registered
05 CTS
434 Posts
I would venture to say, really depends on the type of driving you do...but a good/decent rule of thumb is 40k on a set. I usually change mine at that, but I'm tryin to squeeze mine out...I have 51k on mine, and I'm not sure if the dealer serviced them before I bought it. I'd say it's probably a no....

But that's just my opinion really...and it does depend really on the type of driving you do...

If you're hard on them.....then yea..they're gonna go quicker......

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
I got 55,000 km's (about 30,000 miles) out of my first set, and that includes a good mix of highway/city and Im very hard on the car.

·
Registered
Cadillac
35 Posts
I have 34,000 miles on my CTS and still running strong....I have noticed though that my I need to re-adjust my parking brakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts