Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just coming back home today on the highway and it was snowing really hard and the temp was -1C. The car handled terrible ! It was unstable, a little wind would easily make the car move, switching lanes at fast speed seem risky when there's snow on the roads. Is this related to my bad suspension and front end issues?

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
I was just coming back home today on the highway and it was snowing really hard and the temp was -1C. The car handled terrible ! It was unstable, a little wind would easily make the car move, switching lanes at fast speed seem risky when there's snow on the roads.
And you were expecting what????
....Is this related to my bad suspension and front end issues?
Maybe. But we have no clue what is "bad" about your suspension and front end.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Pull some codes I assume you know how to do that, you've been around long enough, your car has stabilitrak, and traction control with good tires or studs your dts should handle quite well

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Both of my Northstars (99 Deville and 00 Seville), and 10 SRX all handles very very well in snow. Only when you are going around ~20mph; go faster and you feel the car sliding. On ice, everything with wheels will slide in any speed. You shouldn't drive fast in snowy condition anyways.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,802 Posts
"bad suspension and front end issues" says the car should not be driven, even on a sunny spring day much less in snow at speed.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys but i have a 2005 Dodge grand caravan as well an i can cruise 110km/h in this kind of weather ! The van can get through 30cm of snow with ease, and when turning hard on the snow it doesn't drift or spin out but the caddy on the other hand just starts swinging on the back (which i like cause its fun drifting). I've driven many cars before and this handled the worst and it's a caddy !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts