Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 Seville and - after spending an intense four or five minutes over the weekend looking at the light switch (dimmer and twilight adjuster lever combination) to the lower left of the steering wheel, and after dropping the "beauty cover" beneath the steering column in hopes of gaining access, I can see no reasonable way that the light switch comes out/off -
So my question is - how's the danged thing come out?

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
323 Posts
I looked in the 92 service manual but it doesn't say much other than the thing just pulls out. Here's what the manual says: HEADLAMP SWITCH/TWILIGHT SENTINEL/DAYLIGHT LAMPS MODULE Removal or Disconnect 1. Headlamp switch module from the I/P by firmly pulling outward on headlamp knob. 2. Electrical connector from back of headlamp switch. Install or Connect 1. Electrical connector to back of headlamp switch. 2. Headlamp switch to I/P by gently pushing into place.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much - maybe I'll shoot some armor-all in between the dash and the unit for lubrication before I start tugging - I'd hate like hell to a) break off the knob or (worse) b) rip the upholstery -

Thanks again

Steve

·
Registered
808 Posts
On my 93 Eldo is is press fit. You just have to yank it out.

They sure don't make cars liek they used to... :)

Peteski

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No -they sure don't make cars like they used to - that's both good and bad I suppose - bad in that it used to be a LOT easier to work on your own - on the other hand - you used to HAVE to work on 'em a LOT more - it's really nice (in my opinion) to NOT have to bother with dwell and gap adjustments on the distributor, to NOT have to fiddle around with carb settings as the seasons change and - let's face it - if you live in the rust belt - to not have your car resemble a swiss cheese after a couple years.
On the other hand - it was a LOT easier to do a band-aid repair to get yourself home with the older, simpler cars ....

Steve

·
Registered
808 Posts
Agreed, some things are better, some are worse. But life goes on and technology advances. Computers are blessing and evil depending on the circumstances.

But progress happens and the do-it-yourselfers have to adapt (as we do by participating in this forum). :)

Good luck with your headlight switch!

Peteski

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
peteski