Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe, 2013 CTS-4, 1997 Cadillac STS, 2005 CTS-V,
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 CTS and was wondering exactly how the transmission is supposed to work when the shifter is placed in Sport Mode. I have read the manual which states quicker shifts etc. however I was driving the other day in sport mode when I accelerated pretty hard for a few seconds and then let off. The strange thing is, even after I let off the accelerator completely, the rpm's still hovered somewhere in the 3000-4000 rpm range for a while longer. The car did not continue to accelerate, just the rpm's didn't drop immediately with the accelerator pedal. This only occurs in Sport Mode so I am assuming this is normal. Has anyone else experienced this and if so is there anything else that happens in Sport Mode that differs from non-sport mode? :hmm:

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
When you place it into sports mode, it tells the transmission to keep it in a lower gear longer than normal. So that if you need to punch the gas again, it doesn't have to down shift because it's already at that gear that it needs to be in.

Also, for both sports and normal mode. The car learns how you drive, from what I understand in sports mode it takes 7 seconds for it to learn how you drive. If you drive like you did before, it wouldn't make too much of a difference between sports and normal. However, if you drive aggressively in sports mode as if you are on a race track. Then it will be a hugh difference between sports and normal mode. Where it will stay in a lower gear for a lot longer than in normal. This is with out using the sports shifter, which is in the same area as the sports mode except you control the gears by press forward or backwards.

KOT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts