Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac Escalade
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup evbody, I need to know how does the rear camera know to turn on, I vaguely remember reading on it when I installed my Nav-TV but lost the .pdf and their site is not letting me redownload.

Hopefully someone chimes in with "this wire under this panel", I plan to add a 3/4th second delay to it to slow down it activating so quickly. I just need to know what wire (s) it turns on with.

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac Escalade
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but can you elaborate? I meant how does the camera know to turn on when in reverse. I want to be able to go from Park to Drive with the radio switching to the rear cam input so fast. I have a MimicsX2 installed and it a chore when it defaults back to the AUX blue screen after sensing reverse. I just want to delay with this custom board I found online. I assumed "blank" wire see 12v when in reverse, which activates cam. I rem something about a blue wire to cut with my Nav-TV,but skipped reading it months ago due to me not needing that feature they intended it for.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,854 Posts
2muchspl said:
Sup evbody, I need to know how does the rear camera know to turn on, I vaguely remember reading on it when I installed my Nav-TV but lost the .pdf and their site is not letting me redownload. Hopefully someone chimes in with "this wire under this panel", I plan to add a 3/4th second delay to it to slow down it activating so quickly. I just need to know what wire (s) it turns on with.
i see what your trying to do but unsure if possible... When the vehicle is put into reverse the bcm send 12volts to the camera however a serial data signal is sent to the nav unit, hopefully the 12v signal via a dark blue wire to the camera also controls that data signal sent to the nav unit to turn on the video input for the camera, i show that camera module as being under the passenger seat with 2 others

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac Escalade
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
... unsure if possible... When the vehicle is put into reverse the bcm send 12volts to the camera however a serial data signal is sent to the nav unit, hopefully the 12v signal via a dark blue wire to the camera also controls that data signal sent to the nav unit to turn on the video input for the camera
Yep this experiment did not work, the BCM still commands the radio to switch after the blue wire is disconnected and shows "Service Rear Camera System" =( . I was able to get a little more info after digging. It appears 07-08 has Cam Module under the seat where as 09 & up (possibly) is either non existing or somewhere else. PAC-AUDIO has a pic I uploaded showing the blue wire for camera is on driver junction block. Here are pics for future researchers

07&08 Cam Module

I wont give up this chase, I'll try to carefully find what feeds the BCM the reverse signal from column as well as BCM itself. Searching for BCM pinouts diagrams now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts