Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone driven a V with one of these? How does it compare to the UUC and B&M? It is certainly a good value proposition at $100 and is supposed to be quiet. Any opinions?
Thanks,
David

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
From what I've heard, it feels exactly like stock but with a 20% reduction in throw length. This makes sense, since it's a factory shifter with an extra piece welded on the bottom.

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
I love mine, and I've driven a V with a B&M.....just like tony said...just like stock, only shorter throw....the B&M shifter is when in neutral forward more...which is good for people with short legs...but sucked for me 6'4" so it made me stretch my arm more.....but otherwise the B&M and TPIS had the same (as far as I could tell) shift distance...so I'd go for the cheaper alternative with the TPIS shifter.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
11 Posts
TPIS is quiet but still has a rubbery feel to it, even with bushings from Lindsay. Its throw is shorter than stock though. I replaced stock shifter with B&M about four months ago, then replaced it with TPIS a month ago (B&M was good but way too noisy during spirited acceleration, even with dynomat). UUC is next.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have a UUC, and compared TPIS's at TPIS back-to-back. (I have known Myron Cottrell owner of TPIS for 45 years). I didn't see much, if any, difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts