Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace the cigarette adapter cover on middle seat area on the center console of my 2002 Escalade. It's the cigarette adapter that is right above the middle seat radio controls. My wife accidentally broke it and I bought a new one from the dealer to replace it, but I can't seem to remove the bottom screws that are behind the middle row seat cup holders that fold down. It is a philips screw, but I don't have a short enough screwdriver to get down in the area and remove the screw. Do I need to get a special screw driver? Any advice, please e-mail me. Thanks!

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
There should be 4 screws right when you put down the cup holder. This is for the rear middle cupholder. I use a normal philips to take mine out it is really easy, but I have an ext so it may be different. Also when the screws come out you should take the console off going upwards because it is placed on little slots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like console on my 02 may be different. There are four screws....two at top (no problem) and two at bottom behiond the cup holder bar/rod. The cup holder pivots on a bar that goes into either side of the panel...like a toilet paper holder. There are two screws behind the bar that screwdriver will not bite into as screwdriver is on a angle. I wonder if the cup holder pops out like a toilet paper roll holder?

Cig lighter cover was $45 from dealer.

Thanks for your responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts