Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Deville
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 cadillac deville
how do you remove the egr? There is no space for a socket or a wrench, do you have to remove the fuel lines and other stuff that is in the way or is there an easier way?
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
crow-foot wrenches

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,547 Posts
If you have not had the fuel rail recall done :tisk: and still have the nylon rail, there is enough flex to get the EGR valve off without removal. If the recall has been done and you have a stainless steel rail, then you will have to remove the fuel rail.

·
Registered
1991 Sedan Deville
19 Posts
To replace the EGR valve on my 91 SDV, I used a 13 mm crows foot on an extension. I also removed the mounting bolts for the throttle body, so I could move the TB slightly to gain extra clearance. I did not have to remove the fuel rail, either. Instead, I also removed the fuel rail mounting bolts (four bolts, 10 mm) to gain a little more clearance. IMPORTANT: Be sure to de-pressurize the fuel system before you do anything to the fuel rail.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
I changed the EGR on my 1994 Deville without taking the fuel rail or anything else like that off. Use a distributor wrench or whatever else you can find to get at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts