Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Seville STS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 STS Drivers mirror is loose I need to get the trim off to get to the mirror to tighten it. I have tried to pop it out but its starting to crack. Any tricks?

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
99 STS Drivers mirror is loose I need to get the trim off to get to the mirror to tighten it.
Do you mean the mirror housing or the mirror glass??
....I have tried to pop it out but its starting to crack.
Exactly what is starting to crack? Sounds like you could be talking about removing the door panel interior trim, but it's not clear what "it" is.

More info would be helpful.

·
Registered
1999 Seville STS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, inside trim so I can get to where the mirror is connected to the door to tighten it down. Looks like one piece that goes from where the mirror is connected all the way around the window but really just need to pop the plastic piece off to tighten the mirror down

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab
725 Posts
If I remember correctly on my '03 it comes off with the interior door panel, Phillips head screw in the bottom back corner, screw hidden behind the tab behind the grab handle and I think one behind the door handle/release. After you remove those screws is your general collection of plastic trim clips, wiring harnesses etc...

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
You don't need to remove the trim to tighten the mirror. I had your same problem. I popped of the little tweeter speaker on the trim and through that hole I was able to tighten the mirror with a long combination wrench. I haven't had any issues since.

·
Registered
1999 Seville STS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't need to remove the trim to tighten the mirror. I had your same problem. I popped of the little tweeter speaker on the trim and through that hole I was able to tighten the mirror with a long combination wrench. I haven't had any issues since.
NO speaker on mine

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
Front door trim panel removal; '98 to '04 Seville

There are four screws;

One at the bottom rear corner.
One behind a plastic trim piece behind the door-open handle.
Two behind the leather trim behind the door-close grip (velcro holds the leather in place).

To remove the inner cover, push in the center of the plastic fasteners.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Front door trim panel removal; '98 to '04 Seville

Plagerized ? from JimD on 9/03.......It worked for my 00 Seville SLS,

"There are four screws;
One at the bottom rear corner.
One behind a plastic trim piece behind the door-open handle.
Two behind the leather trim behind the door-close grip (velcro holds the leather in place)."

Note the following:
1. If you have the tweeter speaker in the top right corner of the door - you can access 2 of 3 screws by popping speaker out of plastic trim.
2. I broke the tabs off the back of plastic cover over top screw behind door-open handle - be careful removing.
3. The 2 lower screws are accessed by raising only the BOTTOM of the leather trim that goes behind the door grip handle.
4. Removing door panel gives complete access to top plastic trim removal & ease in getting to mirror stud bolts.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
The speakers are optional depending on the sound system I believe.

Yep, remove the door trim panel.
Kind of a pain but not too bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts