Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2000 Deville base 2019 Corvette Gran Sport
2019 Corvette Grand Sport, 2000 Deville Base (White Diamond)
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On other forums if you want to delete your post you just go to edit and there is usually a delete button, I don't see that here unless I am missing something, so how do you delete a post?

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,612 Posts
On other forums if you want to delete your post you just go to edit and there is usually a delete button, I don't see that here unless I am missing something, so how do you delete a post?
I'm not able to see the posts the way that you do. However, I'm not sure a user can delete a post. You can, however, edit to remove content but you must leave four characters (any 4, even periods). If there is a particular post/thread you started, pm me and I'll delete it.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,644 Posts
The site does not normally delete posted info except under extenuating circumstances. That takes an Admin decision.

IIRC a member loses their own post edit feature after the post has been up for >12 hours.

Erroneous info can be corrected by posting in the same thread.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,612 Posts
The site does not normally delete posted info except under extenuating circumstances. That takes an Admin decision.

IIRC a member loses their own post edit feature after the post has been up for >12 hours.

Erroneous info can be corrected by posting in the same thread.
RON93, I stand corrected. Sub has been a moderator way longer than I have.

·
Administrator
67,644 Posts
Ron93, If you wish to materially alter or delete your posts and threads a day or so after posting, please PM me.

·
2000 Deville base 2019 Corvette Gran Sport
2019 Corvette Grand Sport, 2000 Deville Base (White Diamond)
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow sometimes you make a post and five minutes later you realize you did not want to say that and take the whole thing away not edit it. On Corvette Forum we just click a delete button and all is well, I thought that's the way it worked in all forums.

View attachment 546390

·
Administrator
67,644 Posts
Any member should be able to edit a post/thread within 5 or 10 minutes of posting. I don't believe CF is set up to allow total thread deletion.

Your example - screen shot - shows a quote and its editor tabs - the post page does not contain the (red) "delete" tab.

·
Administrator
67,644 Posts
Which forum, thread ? If you can't get into your post I'll remove it.

See if you can still edit your post, if so, simply delete the text.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts