Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I HAVE A 95 SLS SEVILLE WITH 103K MILES
I Know How To Check For The Codes By Pressing The Climate Control And Up Or Down Button To See The Codes, But How Do You Clear The Codes.

Also I Just Got An Oil Change And Before And After The Change The Oil Level Percentage In The Dash Continues To Read The Same Percentage, At This Point It Indicates 42% Of Oil Life But When I Manually Check The Oil Dipstick, The Oil Level Appears To Be Ok.

Any Suggestions Will Be Greatly Appreciated!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,126 Posts
:confused: Search the archives for code operations. "Oil Life" refers to a mathematic algorithm which calculates percentage of oil "usefullness" left in the oil itself. The "Oil Life" readout is reset by the owner/dealer at each oil/filter change, when it will slowly begin to scroll down from 100%. Oil level, on the other hand is on the dipstick and, if you have a level sensor, will light a DIC indicator at around 2 quarts low. Code clearing, fuel mileage, trip mileage, and oil/transmission fluid life are manually reset by the owner.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,990 Posts
Display the oil life remaining then press and hold the reset button (I think). Like Submariner said, don't confuse oil life with oil level.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe, 2009 Black Navigator
5,032 Posts
To clear the codes you need to use the fan control button, UP=Yes and Down=No. After it goes through its cycle you should end up at PCM? Press Up and continue pressing Up until the DIC shows Clear Codes? and then you press Up again and the codes should be cleared. I believe if you hold down your reset button it should reset the OLM.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
When I reset my OLM, TLM also resets dunno why

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
TLM is not usually viewable.... I forget what the method is to reset it, I think there's a different method to reset the TLM. In any case, I think you can't reset the TLM untill it's displaying the "Change Tranny Fluid" message.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Nope, I can reset it .What's more funny , OIL and TLM "jointly" resets .May be '00 and up STS has this feature ,I mean viewing TLM lol

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,990 Posts
Not be be nit picky, but technically OLM is "Oil Life Monitor". Now for the stupid question. WTH is TLM? :hmm:

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Yep,that's right thanks for clearing it Krashed (I mean clearing the issue lol )
Ranger please no stupid question :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts