Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 480 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5 Platinum Crystal White Maple Sugar
161 Posts
There is no way to disable it as it is today unless someone comes out with an aftermarket OBDII port device. Some exist for other vehicles but not today for the XT5. Either live with it or choose another vehicle.

·
Registered
XT5
65 Posts
I don't find it to be that much of an issue. It IS different than we are used to.

The only time that I would wish for a little more delay is when I am driving up to my garage door. It will shutdown when I stop and wait for the door to open completely.

The AC still cools for a while. When it is extremely hot, it does not shutdown. You could move to Texas or Arizona and it would not shut down in the heat of the summer.

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
I don't find it to be that much of an issue. It IS different than we are used to.

The only time that I would wish for a little more delay is when I am driving up to my garage door. It will shutdown when I stop and wait for the door to open completely.
If that happens to you frequently what you should do then is to just pull the shift lever back towards you to M1 this will keep your XT5 running until you get into your garage and stop.

·
Registered
2017 XT5, Platinum, Dark Granite Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
1,527 Posts
If that happens to you frequently what you should do then is to just pull the shift lever back towards you to M1 this will keep your XT5 running until you get into your garage and stop.
Additionally, you can pull the shifter back to "M" at any time while decelerating. You will see the gear indicator that accompanies the "M" count down as the transmission shifts to lower gears. If using "M" while decelerating, shift to "D" by pulling back on the shifter once more before accelerating because the transmission will not up-shift while in "M". You can select "D" at any time after a complete stop and the Auto-stop will not engage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My major gripe about the XT5 but not annoying enough not to buy the vehicle once you get use to feathering the brake when you stop your able to keep the vehicle running where its a major annoyance is in heavy stop and go traffic ....even our Jeep GC has an on/off button.

·
Registered
XT5
65 Posts
Does the XT5 use a regular starter or is there something different? I don't hear the starter on restart.

I noticed that the XT5 goes into a "regen" mode when braking. How does it do that?

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Platinum Stellar Black Metallic/Maple Sugar
670 Posts
Does anybody know how to disable the Start/Stop on the XT5 ?????
Many discussions on this and there is no way. I notice your screen name indicates your passion for your SRX yet you now drive an XT5. Are you having buyers remorse?

·
Registered
XT5 Platinum, Dark Adriatic Blue Metalic, Maple Sugar
279 Posts

Or, as I do, let the car creep ever so slowly and the engine keeps running.

·
Registered
2017 XT5, Platinum, Dark Granite Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
1,527 Posts
Or, as I do, let the car creep ever so slowly and the engine keeps running.
Yes, it does seem influenced by brake pedal pressure. I have noticed approaching a stop with very light pedal and once stopped, firmly pressing the brake will cause auto-stop immediately.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
Does the 'start engine with hood open' still disable auto-stop for the drive cycle on this car?

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
Only if you drive with the hood open. You wont need autostop. :tisk:
So the hood state needs to be "open" the entire time to prevent auto stop?
I was under the impression that you would have hood open then start car then close hood and auto stop would remain disabled for that engine run.

·
Registered
XT5
18 Posts
Is there an accessible "hood open" switch someplace we could easily rewire to
read open when the hood is closed ?

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Luxury
8 Posts
We would have a XT5 sitting in the driveway if it wasn't for the start/stop feature and not being able to disable it. Has anybody tried popping the hood and seeing if the start/stop is disabled? They probably have it programmed to not allow you to shift out of park with the hood unlatched. If you can drive it without getting alarms and can get it in gear with the hood open and it disables the start/stop feature, would be pretty simple work around to disable.

·
Registered
CT6 Platinum White Tri-coat with Super Cruise
647 Posts
Simple answer to the question: YOU CAN'T DISABLE THE STOP/START. You can work around it with the A/C, Heater, Manual shift, etc., but: IT CAN'T BE DISABLED.

·
Registered
Previously 13 SRX & 17 XT5 Platinum. Now Tesla Model 3.
146 Posts
We would have a XT5 sitting in the driveway if it wasn't for the start/stop feature and not being able to disable it. Has anybody tried popping the hood and seeing if the start/stop is disabled? They probably have it programmed to not allow you to shift out of park with the hood unlatched. If you can drive it without getting alarms and can get it in gear with the hood open and it disables the start/stop feature, would be pretty simple work around to disable.
To be honest, I don't understand the issue. I've been driving my XT5 for a few months now, and it's no big deal. Just don't see why folks are losing their minds over it. Just my $0.02.

1 - 20 of 480 Posts