Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any ideas? are they ok with fixing 75% of the hop, or have they come up with magical way of fixing it that isn't readily available?

·
Registered
09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!
2,460 Posts
Mallett's use a very expensive pair of Penske shocks with valving that is prescribed specifically for the V. He assures you they work (you have to cough up 3k for the set).

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mallett's use a very expensive pair of Penske shocks with valving that is prescribed specifically for the V. He assures you they work (you have to cough up 3k for the set).
so. theoretically, one could just get a set of rear shocks to cure the hop?

i just hate doin' stuff half-way.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Or one could do a search.

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
yea i have read it on here before but can remember it off the top of my head

·
Registered
09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!
2,460 Posts
so. theoretically, one could just get a set of rear shocks to cure the hop?

i just hate doin' stuff half-way.
Many people have had good results doing different things here, but to answer your question as it was titled, the discussions I have had with Chuck and Lance Mallett have always ended up at the shocks. Call him and order a set, and post results.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Kars III.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
ok....so along with "other" wheel hop fixes like the $17 washers would a set of QA1's or sim style adjustable shocks help the overall situation of the hop

·
Registered
cts-v
2,741 Posts
its funny how here people bitch about the diff and hop but when ever someone comes up with a question to maybe spur some debate on it, the same people say "search"

new things are learned everyday, just saying search does nothing since the cure for wheel hop isnt already documented. if it was people would have them on their cars. clear fogs get new threads. painting rims get new threads. but something as important as coming up with an idea to cure something that makes our cars weak.... hey just go search and be quiet.

if you have nothing to add, just stfu and let the thread die. the thread is already made, thus you saying to search isnt going to make the thread go away.

·
Registered
cts-v
2,741 Posts
its just that i came from a platform that no one ever advanced anything because it was out of the box or some idea someone had like 4 yrs ago and got shot down.

if this forum is going to be stagnant especially when it comes to try different performance ideas... ill spend my time on a site that is open to people asking questions AND people who care giving advice trying to come up with a cure.

i mean, performance companies and even a damn race team has found ways to cure the rear diff/ hopping issue. is it wider sticker rear tires? shocks? various bars? being lowered? totally new suspension? better drivers?

just stop always saying search when no solution to the issue exists. i spent 1 day reading another ls forum which had a ctsv section and im reading about v's with ls7 swaps, sick builds, turbos, blowers, maggies, etc. i learned alot just from seeing how people take ideas that are from other areas and then putting it to good use to what is basically a very heavy 4dr vette.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
its just that i came from a platform that no one ever advanced anything because it was out of the box or some idea someone had like 4 yrs ago and got shot down.

if this forum is going to be stagnant especially when it comes to try different performance ideas... ill spend my time on a site that is open to people asking questions AND people who care giving advice trying to come up with a cure.

i mean, performance companies and even a damn race team has found ways to cure the rear diff/ hopping issue. is it wider sticker rear tires? shocks? various bars? being lowered? totally new suspension? better drivers?

just stop always saying search when no solution to the issue exists. i spent 1 day reading another ls forum which had a ctsv section and im reading about v's with ls7 swaps, sick builds, turbos, blowers, maggies, etc. i learned alot just from seeing how people take ideas that are from other areas and then putting it to good use to what is basically a very heavy 4dr vette.
You're not talking about the Supra, right?

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
The video of the Mallett V going around the track sounds nasty! A little back fire to show is balls doesn't hurt either.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
its funny how here people bitch about the diff and hop but when ever someone comes up with a question to maybe spur some debate on it, the same people say "search"

new things are learned everyday, just saying search does nothing since the cure for wheel hop isnt already documented. if it was people would have them on their cars. clear fogs get new threads. painting rims get new threads. but something as important as coming up with an idea to cure something that makes our cars weak.... hey just go search and be quiet.

if you have nothing to add, just stfu and let the thread die. the thread is already made, thus you saying to search isnt going to make the thread go away.
Nothing new was asked, nothing new is being discussed. The problem with the search, is that there is tons of threads about wheelhop. People get lazy, so they start a new thread. You guys don't even support the forum and you want us to do the work for you?!!
Chip in a little, then tell me to stfu.

·
Registered
cts-v
2,741 Posts
Nothing new was asked, nothing new is being discussed. The problem with the search, is that there is tons of threads about wheelhop. People get lazy, so they start a new thread. You guys don't even support the forum and you want us to do the work for you?!!
Chip in a little, then tell me to stfu.
all i just read there was blah blah and a bit more blah.

i used to be a donating member. then i just noticed that every other thread a new person started or commented on they got straight ragged on like this is honda planet or something. i no longer saw a reason to donate.

this isnt supposed to be a damn hugging circle, but maybe things that are productive should be said in threads not just ragging on people and saying search.

its like all the wheel hop threads i have read involve the following.
1) i bought a v, heard about the rear issues
2) any solution that cures the hop.
3) buy a kars III and search.

last i checked people still broke rears even with a karsIII so i fail to see how that solves anything, same goes for the copy and paste dribble about searching. tons of threads, no longer any reason to spam everywhere with posts... so why jump in this thread just to say search?

so if someone starts a thread and says " I have x issue and i searched already what to do now?" you heads explode because the search option cant be used to deter someone from asking something?

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Or one could do a search.
"searching" was the first thing i tried. i would not start a new thread if i had only run into dead ends. for instance, when i was checking out the Mallet's website, it stated "NOTE: Mallett rear wheel-hop stabilizer system is not available as a stand-alone kit for catalog sale.". SO. Without knowing the owners, my next stop was this forum. I've had my V only since 4/1. I have a lot to learn. I will always try searching on my own first before starting a new thread.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts