Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 DHS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken the door panels off a few times, but for the life of me, I can figure out how to get those white, circular 2-piece trim fasteners that fasten the inner trim /splash guard panel back ON the car...What am I doing wrong?? What is the trick? :suspense: Thx

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
The older style twist on. One corner is raised a bit, stick that in the hole and screw it on

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
There is a "peg" in the center of them. Push the peg inwards, then theyll be loose.

To reinstall, push the peg back the other way, insert the retainer through the hole in the splash shield and door, and push the peg flush with the rest of the retainer.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
If those have the push pin in the center, push the pin, then remove the retainer.
To reinstall, pull the pin out about 1/4", insert the retainer, then push the pin flush.

Something alone these lines?

Oops! MC beat me to it.

·
Registered
2003 DHS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If those have the push pin in the center, push the pin, then remove the retainer.
To reinstall, pull the pin out about 1/4", insert the retainer, then push the pin flush.

Something alone these lines?
Actually, the ones I'm describing have a sleeve with single circular flange, and an independent ribbed pin that can be set in multiple depth positions in relation to the sleeve. To get the fastener to release, one needs only to push in the center. But I can't figure out how to re-install them...

·
Registered
2003 DHS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To reinstall, push the peg back the other way, insert the retainer through the hole in the splash shield and door, and push the peg flush with the rest of the retainer.
So how far is the pin pulled back away from the face of the flange? It seems there are different positions where the peg can be set relative to the sleeve. Or do you in fact mean the peg is already set inboard of the flange??

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
When the door panel is first removed, the peg is flush, in the" locked" position. You "unlock" it by pushing it inward. To reuse it, you simply push it back in the opposite direction so the peg is protruding outward past the flange. Then stick the retainer back in the hole and push the tab flush again to lock it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts