Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
Denaliguy, make sure it's the tires that is the problem with not holding pressure.

I'm sure, if you've been around the forum enough, that you know the stock 22" rims have corrosion and peeling issues, especially internally in the bead area. At least in 2007 and 2008 for sure. I inspected my 22" stock rims when the tires were dismounted, and they are garbage. It's a wonder how they held any pressure at all, even after GM's lame attempt at "sealing the bead with sealant".

I just replaced all four rims with 22" platinum OEM rims and four brand new dueler alenza's.

Last winter up here in Alaska, the duelers did very well.
Denaliguy Prormk is absolutely right. As seen on this forum many times the 22 rims leak constantly. I blew $35. last week fixing another slow leak. 3rd rim in 15 months to need inside sanding and clean up to fix a slow leak. Luckily same tire dealer crediting me towards mounting and balance of new tires. Side note I've never had TMPS before but defiantly a nice feature for a quick all around check of tire pressure, especially if your monitoring a slow leak. Check your rims I'd lean towards those as the leak source. Good luck.
Thanks for the heads up on the rims. I have noticed some peeling on the inside of the rim (fortunately not the chrome yet). I am losing 5 pounds/day in 2 tires and about 2 pounds/day in the 3rd. I've had all 4 looked at by a trusted tire place and they were able to stop the 4th one from leaking. I was told the tires are not holding up well (falling apart) and I would agree based on the cracking and significant daily loss of air. Would the rim issue cause this fast of a leak? They have no curb rash or bends.

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
I'm really aggressive on my truck and the Alenza's have done quite well. Dealer has put 2 new ones on the front and I didn't like how the rears looked so I bought 2 new ones for the back. Even better now.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV Black on Black. Love It!!
82 Posts
denaliguy I was losing about 10lbs a week (40 to 30). Yeah the rim leak will do it. A lot of guys put grease around the inside lip of the rim after sanding and cleaning. That seems to work. I'm starting to get some chrome pealing on the outside of the rim. You can't really see it luckily it's set back inside the spoke. 2011=Just barely 4 years old, unbelievable how bad the quality is on the chrome plating.

dsminva my situation exactly, fronts gone some life left in rears. Worth doing the whole set for even wear. Going on tomorrow!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts