Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in the northeast. roads are generally plowed quickly. how do these things do in the snow? thnx

·
Registered
2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
263 Posts
I had them on my truck for 60k when new they are great however 30 k later they where not good. For a 50 k tire not good. I now have Goodyear fortera SL and they are great with no flat spots or thumping.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Depends where in the NE, I like the stock 22's for the dry, but where we live in upstate NY once it really snows they have to come off because they are really more a highway tire, I know they are call (M&S tires) but offer very little traction in deep snow like we are seeing today. I have had to put chains on all 4 wheels several times even with these tires

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thnx. i have an old set of 18s with nokian vatiiva's which i didnt think were all that great...

·
Registered
2011 Escalade EXT, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham (Sold)
57 Posts
Dura Trac's?! That's pretty cool looking!!! I am still a fan of aggressive tires. I was a previous off roading person myself.

I was actually surprised how well my tires did in this little snow storm we just got. I thought the truck was going to be terrible with these tires, because I am used to super aggressive tires and they didn't allow my truck to move. Unfortunately they wouldn't fit on this truck... LOL!!! But I am in electrical construction, and the lots were I am working were not plowed. We had a foot of snow in there and I was driving through it with no problems. Tires were not spinning and I didn't get stuck either.

My dealer did tell me though to watch these tires because they are known for cupping and having a funny wear pattern.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV
10 Posts
I had them on my truck for 60k when new they are great however 30 k later they where not good. For a 50 k tire not good. I now have Goodyear fortera SL and they are great with no flat spots or thumping.
I have Goodyear fortera SL tires also, great year round tire and great in the snow.

·
Registered
'08 Escalade ESV
442 Posts
Only been in the snow one time and it was very surefooted. Of course this was pure snow and then subsequent slush. No ice involved.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep ice is a game changer....happy new year to all u guys

·
Registered
DHS, 2007 ESV
241 Posts
The Duelers have a different compound for the last half of the tread depth that is harder and longer-wearing, but poorer for snow traction in trade. Also the sipes (very thin cut grooves in the tread blocks) are not cut the full depth of the tread blocks, so you lose their benefit as the tire wears. So, they are great in snow for the first 30-50k and less so for the remaining 30-50k.

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE
595 Posts
Over the years I have relied on the Tirerack surveys regarding Tires. Here is the survey information for the Bridgestone Dueler:

·
Registered
2020 Escalade
144 Posts
My Duelers rode hard. I switched to Toyo Proxes and they ride so much nicer but I was in the snow a few weeks ago upstate and they werent good at all. I will be getting winter tires soon.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV Black on Black. Love It!!
82 Posts
Checking the forum in case I missed anything so I chimed in. I was just looking for replacements for my 22 Alenza's. I drive my EXT like its a Vette! 6.2 and AWD is great (coming from a 2004 Avalanche). 54K and the fronts are done and rears have a few thousand left on them and it's winter again.

I purchased my 2011 EXT Luxury last August at 32K mileage. I was scared to death that I would need a set of snow tires last winter but the snow hit early (a foot) and I was still thinking about the $1K a new set of tires would cost. So off I went. The Alenza's were absolutely fine in the snow! I never had 1 issue.

I do property management and I'm out on the road long before the streets are even plowed once. A foot plus was never any challenge! I drive around narrow city streets, up and down hills etc. with no margin for error. 2nd set of tires unnecessary.

This was a total bonus because I consider these tires great. There quiet, great on the highway and hold up good enough for my driving (thought I was gonna roll the front sidewalls a couple of times in corners)(not my favorite in the rain at highway speed). But what's perfect?

Just ordered a new set of 4 @ $900. Local dealer Sullivan Tire matched Tire Rack and saved the $100. delivery charge. Note the New Alenza's are manufactured in 2014. I was told by Sullivan Tire the last series was manufactured in 2006. I don't know this for a fact but worth checking out if your in the market.

BTW having my new EBC rotors and Yellow pads installed with my new tires. There's the $700. I saved last year. Sway bars next I think. Anybody do that replacement? Worth it? Can't wait for my new brakes and tires! Good luck everybody.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
My Alenza's have 7/32 tread left and are getting replaced in 2 days. 3 won't hold air and all have cracks on the shoulders. With the amount of tread left I wouldn't think I'd have these issues. Won't get another set. Went with Cooper Zeon LTZ for new tires. It's a hybrid all terrain and highway tire. I'm excited to see how it turns out. I'll post pics.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
194 Posts
Denaliguy, make sure it's the tires that is the problem with not holding pressure.

I'm sure, if you've been around the forum enough, that you know the stock 22" rims have corrosion and peeling issues, especially internally in the bead area. At least in 2007 and 2008 for sure. I inspected my 22" stock rims when the tires were dismounted, and they are garbage. It's a wonder how they held any pressure at all, even after GM's lame attempt at "sealing the bead with sealant".

I just replaced all four rims with 22" platinum OEM rims and four brand new dueler alenza's.

Last winter up here in Alaska, the duelers did very well.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
We live in Canada in a suburb north of Toronto which happens to be a snow belt, we get at least twice as much snow as everywhere else. My husband had the Dueller Alenza tires on his 07 Yukon Denali and he was regularly driving to northern Ontario in the winter and was thrilled with the tires. His first trip up there he easily pooled through 2 feet of snow and the tires held firm. He replaced those several times on the Denali with the same tires. The last time he got Toyo Open Country tires and found them really noisy.

We now have two 2013 Escalade Platinums with the Dueller Alenza's (plus an extra set that the dealer threw in when we bought my husband's truck) and still love the tires in the snow.

We went through an ice storm last winter that blanketed southern Ontario at Christmas without any trouble.my husband has driven over 2.5 million kilometres over the years with various cars prior to his Yukon and Escalade and never had trouble, even in the worst storms in northern Ontario. If you drive properly for the conditions, you won't have any trouble with these tires.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV Black on Black. Love It!!
82 Posts
Denaliguy Prormk is absolutely right. As seen on this forum many times the 22 rims leak constantly. I blew $35. last week fixing another slow leak. 3rd rim in 15 months to need inside sanding and clean up to fix a slow leak. Luckily same tire dealer crediting me towards mounting and balance of new tires. Side note I've never had TMPS before but defiantly a nice feature for a quick all around check of tire pressure, especially if your monitoring a slow leak. Check your rims I'd lean towards those as the leak source. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one of these that needs replaced as it was coming apart from the inside. Will there be any issues with the AWD system if I use a different brand tire as long as the size is the same? Don't want to put any strain on the system.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts