Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
"How do i use my sunroof" "I think its broke, but id figure id ask anyway"

If I just joined onto a Crown Vic forum and posted that, could you give me any advice?

C'mon man, we need some more information. What model year? What model? Seville, DeVille? Factory sunroof or aftermarket?

·
Banned
98 sls
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, doing 7 things AT once can be a PITA

its a 98 SLS

I use the sunroof looking button that LOOKS like it can open i, with the arrows, on the headliner, but it dosent. I think its broke.

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
If it's a factory roof, there are 2 switches. 1 slides open and closed the other tils the rear up and down (when closed) if they don't work, somethings broke. Are both swithches non-functioning?

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
yeah I always wondered why the hell they did that ? I would have liked a switch like what's in the CTS.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,046 Posts
:thepan: There's always the last-ditch resort, which is to read the owner's manual and check the fuse.......

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
I MUST be missing something here...

PS. Like, how do I use power doorlocks?

PSS. check your fuses

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
On my 2000 the switches do operate easier but on my 99 sometimes I would have to switch off the the switch I was using because one wouldn't work it was really wierd.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I took my 97 SDV to dealer and complained the auto door locks do not open from the electr buttons on the rear doors. Found out they ain't posed to. (kids, you know)

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
Rear power lock buttons in my 01 SLS do work. Don't have them in my Lade. Did they tell you why they were put there there if they were not supposed to work?

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
The rear lock buttons are not supposed to UNLOCK the doors. But they are supposed to LOCK the doors. That's what Z06 said above. The rear door lock buttons don't OPEN (unlock) the doors, which is the correct operation.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
The rear lock buttons are not supposed to UNLOCK the doors. But they are supposed to LOCK the doors. That's what Z06 said above. The rear door lock buttons don't OPEN (unlock) the doors, which is the correct operation.

Oops, need to read more thoroughly...my bad. :duh:

You are right, mine work exactly as described above. They will lock, but not unlock. I read too fast and thought z06bigbird's did not function at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts