Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son bought some chrome wheels (20) for my 2007 CTS.
The tire size is 245 x 35 R20.
I have read that I should have an offset of 10 or 11.
But I don't know how to tell what he bought.
My son just wants me to put them on the car, and ride around to see if they rub.
I would rather know, before I do trial and error.
Thanks
For your help

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
you actually need an offset of a +38 to +42 for 20s on the CTS with no rubbing issues. the tires you have are a perfect fit as well. most aftermarket rim actually have the offset stamped into them on the back side of them...other than that, you need a micrometer to measure the bore of the rim and the bore of the hub...it would just be easier to go to a tire shop and have them check it for you, most will do it for free

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
8,653 Posts
I have read that I should have an offset of 10 or 11.
I'm not sure where you read that, but it's not even remotely close to correct.

you actually need an offset of a +38 to +42 for 20s on the CTS with no rubbing issues.
You're probably correct, but without knowing the wheel width, you can't really say what the desired offset is. The wheels are probably 20x8" or 20x8.5", in which case the offsets you listed will work fine, but if his son bought some random wheels that aren't really intended to fit the CTS then the width could be something different.

most aftermarket rim actually have the offset stamped into them on the back side of them...
Look for "ETxx", like "ET40", stamped/cast into the back of the hub somewhere. ET40 means +40mm offset. The bolt pattern may also be cast into the back of the wheel - that should be 5x115mm. And last but not least, the dimensions of the wheel may also be back there - "20x8JJ" or "8JJ x 20" or something like that.

other than that, you need a micrometer to measure the bore of the rim and the bore of the hub...
Well, hopefully the diameter of his hubs is the same as every other CTS out there (70.1mm), so he shouldn't have to measure that. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts