Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
eldorado
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pictures wont upload? it says they are too big and they are 1200x? ..
How do i shrink them down to uplod here? And what size do they need to be?:(

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
if you upload at photobucket it has a feature that u can resize the pics. or if u have a windows pc open up paint and click Image>Resize/Skew and i would maybe depending on the image do 50% and 50% in both boxes if it still looks to big it again but use a lower number use the same number in both boxes so the pic resizes the same all around

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,149 Posts
My workaround is somewhat tedious.......I use either Mozilla Firefox or IE 8 as a browser and Outlook 2007 for e-mail. In my "car files" I have a folder labeled "E-mail resizes". When I come across or camera download a picture or diagram I might use here, I highlight and e-mail it (them) to myself and Outlook asks "Make my pictures smaller?" This bullet reduces the file size, not the picture "size". I open my e-mail and save the attached pics to my "E-mail resizes" folder and browse to that in the "manage attachments" window.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab
725 Posts
I use the route Talamant3z described, upload to photobucket, pic the new size and then imbed the links for posting here....works great and is relatively fast and painless

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
If you are running Windows XP do a google search for "image resizer powertoy" from microsoft. tiny install, that adds an option to the right click menu to resize images to small, medium, or large, 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768. there is an option to keep the original, or delete...i always keep it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts