Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 had 113,000 miles on it and im trying to sell it without taking a big hit. I'm asking 6800 OBO, but if someone offered me $5800 Id let it go for that.

My problem is every time someone calls about it the first question is how many miles, I tell them 113,000 and they usually just hang up. How do I get around this?

Should I lower my asking price? Or try a different approach?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Heres how I would write an ad for your car: 95 Cadillac eldorado ETC, <color exterior>, <color interior>, <any special things, like heated seats>, many new parts <name new parts>, 113k, needs nothing, ready to go.... 6800 OBO

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have the same problem as you,i have a 94 with 20's car start and 113,000 on the ticker asking 6,000 for it and nothing but hangups good luck :banghead:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I listed it the day after the first snow storm in the local paper and only features i listed were traction control and heatted seats. If i wanted to add more they would have charged me double the price for 1 line

·
Registered
282 Posts
AKPsiMC03 said:
I listed it the day after the first snow storm in the local paper and only features i listed were traction control and heatted seats. If i wanted to add more they would have charged me double the price for 1 line
IMHO is maybe better to spent some more dollars on the longer ad and probably get your $6800 than saving some dollars on the ad and get several hundreds less.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Well, it's an Eldorado, just because of that it should sell. ;) I would be sure to mention "Very well maintained" and "Never abused." Cadillacs should sell better than say, a Trans Am, because it is implied that those are abused to a degree. USUALLY only more mature people buy and keep Cadillacs, so it is implied that they are better taken care of. IMO.

·
Registered
204 Posts
AKPsiMC03 said:
My 95 had 113,000 miles on it

... the first question is how many miles, I tell them 113,000 and they usually just hang up. How do I get around this?

Should I lower my asking price? Or try a different approach?
Write the ad as you'd like including mileage etc. Then put "Best offer over $5,800" since that's your lowball figure.

Tell each bidder you'll let them know the day after the ad finishes running.

If during the time your ad runs you only get one bid for $5,800.01, sell it! Now if you don't get any calls your price is still to high.

Remember, you can set your price anywhere but its market desire that ultimately determines what you'll get. No, or little demand = low sales price.

..rickko..

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
The first thing you should do is add it to our Auction section. It's free so isn't that worth a try? See what people will bid on it. You can add pictures and everything.

I sold my '95 with 110,000 for $8k. It was in mint condition in and out and ran perfectly. I just had to wait for the right buyer. I started at $12k! I actually had a guy ready to buy it at $11k but I passed on that. Imagine?

But really. Put your car up in the Auction section. There's thousands and thousands of Cadillac lovers coming here every day. If your car ISN'T there, none of those prospective buyers are going to know you're selling it.

I wish I had the extra money. I'd love another ETC...

What do you want for your next car?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For my next car im going a little crazy... im looking for a 98 or newer Crown Victoria Police interceptor. It has to be Blue or Red and must still have the spotlight on it.

then im gunna work a little 4.6 magic on it, do a home made CAI on it and throw some flowmasters on the factory true duals.

i know, im nuts... but i like to have fun with my cars

after that im gunan save up the the Allen supercharger kit for the crown vic

oh.. and im gunna put a CB in the car with an antenna on the trunk lid

lol

my friend can get me a good one with under 100k miles at auction fo around $3000

·
Registered
55 Posts
I been buyin and sellin Cadillacs for a few months. Easy way to get rid of it quick is to drive it through the ghetto areas of town as I do with most of the Cadillacs I sell. They usually sell quick and the people dont usually care about the mileage.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
semiauto said:
I been buyin and sellin Cadillacs for a few months. Easy way to get rid of it quick is to drive it through the ghetto areas of town as I do with most of the Cadillacs I sell. They usually sell quick and the people dont usually care about the mileage.
LOL DING DING We have a winner!!

Youre dealing with a car that at that mileage has a VERY specific market, and you must market it as best as you can. Crazy as it sounds, his idea just might work for you. I am in the process of getting myself a dealers license and im learning alot about this whole process and the industry in general, it is some crazy shiot for sure. Whats funny is that just for kicks and because I like to change cars like the day of the week, I threw mine up on AutoTrader with 28k miles, a 2001 STS. No responses yet, and the price beats other locals by 3000.00, so that should give you some idea of what a 113k mile car will do unless the right person finds it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
jonrodman