Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my 2013 ATS 2.0T for about 3 weeks now, love it. Stoked I found one with a manual. The previous owner had two sets of floor mats, don't know if this is normal. One carpet set installed, and a rubber set tossed in the trunk. I want the rubber set installed, but the drivers mat is missing the clips. I figured I would just remove a set from one of the carpet mats and put them on the rubber mat, but I'm pretty sure if I try any harder I'm going to break it. Are they removable at all?

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,770 Posts
The mats have just a hole. The stick they attach to is connected to the main rug.

When removing a mat, press down on the center of the hole(the stick), to help prevent tearing it
from the main rug. Then pull on the mat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but my issue is trying to remove the plastic rings from the mat itself. One on my rubber mats is missing them. I want to remove the rings from the carpeted mat and put them on the rubber mat.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,378 Posts
Thanks for the reply, but my issue is trying to remove the plastic rings from the mat itself. One on my rubber mats is missing them. I want to remove the rings from the carpeted mat and put them on the rubber mat.
Are you saying the rubber matt has holes but no rings? That sounds very odd.. I’m pretty sure you can’t remove the rings from a matt and use them on another.. The rings are stamped through the matts like doughnut holes [for lack of a better word]

·
Registered
2015 ATS Coupe, Premium 3.6 AWD; 2005 Mercedes SLK roadster; 2003 Suburban
181 Posts
The plastic rings on either the rubber mats or the carpet mats are not meant to be removable/interchangeable. The rubber mats do have nubs or studs on the bottom side to coincide with the carpeting to help keep them in place - just like most aftermarket mats. Have you tried installing the rubber mats to see if they will stay in place? It may take an occasional readjustment however. Give it a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help.

ELDORADO2K that is correct. I have one rubber mat with holes and no plastic rings. Not sure how that happened.

I am currently using the rubber mats. The one with no clips stays in place well enough, so I guess it will stay that way until I buy new rings for it. I guess I figured I could take the rings out of a carpeted mat and put them in the rubber one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Old thread but I just made this endeavor. I had the carpeted mats but I wanted the all-weather rubber ones, picked them up brand new from a dealer, came with no plastic retainer on the driver (empty hole) and nothing on the passenger at all (not even a hole for the clip). You can take the clips off of the carpeted mat, simply put a screwdriver under the side facing up and twist, it is ribbed on the inside so be careful you don't break it. There are very sharp plastic tips under the top half that bite into the carpet and that is how it stays in place. Unfortunately, the rubber on the all-weather mats is way too thick for the retainer to even fit. Without heavy modification they wont work, but the hole still fits on the piece in the carpet and they dont move (my car is stick too and no problems with the clutch hitting the mat).

Looks like we are SOL on this one KaddyJay. I tried to use the rubber mats out of a '15 CTS and the retainer in the floor of the car does not fit the same (going on a 2011 CTS Coupe), the hole is too small for the updated mats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts