Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new here...I figured someone here could help me with replacing some rear 6"x9"s.

The replacements are factory oem speakers for my friend's '97 Deville D'elegance. I looked at the trunk/rear area and couldn't seem to find any way I would be able to replace the rear speakers without taking the rear seats and deck/dash piece out.

Is there a tutorial for replacing the rear speakers or could someone help me in how to remove the pieces?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Well.....first off "welcome" to the forums.

That search butto(upper right) will help you quick.

Theres plenty of info about his and some nice pictures.

Unfortunately, the rear seatbacks do need to come out.

Its not very difficult though.....

And if you're gonna deal with that hassle, buy an aftermarket speaker, you can get em pretty cheap on ebay or whatever.

It'll beat the crap out of the POS factory units.

BTW Why woudl you replace factory units with another factory unit? (Are they blown?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip, maybe it's cause I'm a newbie here, but I couldn't find any pictures or tutorials on how to get the rear seats/speakers out.

And yea, it's actually an ex-girlfriends car and her factory speakers were blown. She was satisfied with the factory speakers and didn't want to spend much money, so $50 later, she has two factory replacements.

Could anyone help me on the removal of the speakers? (so far all I know is I have to take take the nuts off the two long bolts that hold the back seat down in the trunk.)

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Hello everyone. I too am having this same issue. I need to know how to remove the Back panel to insert my new 6 X 9's. Can anyone give me an internet site or some sort of instructions to remove the Back Panel Please. That would be awsome.
Thanks,
DMac

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
And yea, it's actually an ex-girlfriends car and her factory speakers were blown. She was satisfied with the factory speakers and didn't want to spend much money, so $50 later, she has two factory replacements.

Man, lose the factory speakers NOW! I got mine from Crutchfield (www.crutchfield.com) for $70. They are 3-way Sony XPlod composite speakers and they sound fantastic. They come with vehicle specific instructions on removing old speakers and the correct connectors to hook up the new ones with the original wiring. I have them running off the factory stereo too, but they are still a massive improvement over the original speakers.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts