Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out, thanks to this forum, how to make the dvd screen keep playing when in drive.

But it would be really great to know how to make my dvd player play all regions dvd's! At least would it be nice to know what brand player is in the CTS...

ThnX!

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
didn't know this would be such an odd question?

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I guess so...
My dvd player seems to be very peculiar in what kind of dvd's it plays. I happen to have 2 dvd's that can be played now. It's going to be a hard job finding more films on dvd that i can play then...

Well, if anyone knows how to help me out...? I would be most appreciative! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
Are you talking burnt DVDs or OEM movies? I have trouble playoing +R DVDs that I have burned but -R's work great.

Never had a problem with any store bought movies DVDs

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
The problem is that his NAV is a foreign version so it will only play DVD'd coded for the country that he is located. The same can be said for ours and they will only play new DVD's that are coded for the United States. I doubt that there will ever be a fix since its in the firmware of the radio.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It never played -R nor +R. And I have 2 OEM films that are omni-regional. It should be suited for region 2 (as region 1 is for US only), but it hasn't played any of the region 2 (OEM) dvd's i have (it says can't play this kind of dvd). I have 2 region 1 OEM DVD's but can't be played (it says wrong region).

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, that might work too. Though, now I have to copy my movies onto DVD -R's. I'll check one first. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
damn, seems to be a firmware issue, but since, as mentioned here, ther are multiple regions coded to the bloody thing I am willing to be there is a hidden menu system in the dvd player to set it to different regions.
kind of sucks, but what are you going to do.

-K

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
Kael said:
damn, seems to be a firmware issue, but since, as mentioned here, ther are multiple regions coded to the bloody thing I am willing to be there is a hidden menu system in the dvd player to set it to different regions.
kind of sucks, but what are you going to do.

-K
Or just rip them with dvd shrink and burn them region free.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It doesn't play any of the copied dvd's. Neither + nor -...
I will check the dealer for that tech2. Maybe they can help me out. Another friend of mine is looking for a way to change the dvd settings as he did that for many other dvd players. He just needs to know what brand and system the dvd player is... I hope to hear from him soon.

·
Registered
CTS '06 Sport Luxury Bussines ed.
73 Posts
70eldo, i have the same problem on a cadillac cts 2005. I backup a couple of dvd with dvdshrink (using region free option) but the DVD player say "that disc cant be played" or something...

i asked on Cadillac dealers and they are looking for a solution... i am still waiting... if u solve the problem plz email me [email protected]

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you can, burn it in NTSC. I think that must be the solution. Because my DVD is set to region 2, but still doesn't play the region 2 dvd's from here... must be the NTSC/PAL issue.

Since you brought it up again, I will ask the dealer about setting to PAL when I pick up my CTS again (which I hope will be this week).

·
Registered
73 Posts
70eldo, i just do it.... and runs perfect....

its too easy. only that u need is this software: DVDShrink and IFOedit 0.971.

1º.- rip your dvd to hdd with DVDSHRINK like ever. well now u have on your hdd a PAL video DATA...

2.- download and start. IFOedit ver. 0.971 (its freeware)
- open de video_ts.ifo files and looking for PAL chains and change it to NTSC and change the static to automatic letterboxed (only that).
-change all *.ifo and chains of the DVD.
-Save it. Close the program and verify the files (open the .IFO files and look for the Pal/NTSC chains) ALL MUST BE ON NTSC!!!

3.- burn the data on a dvd like a normal process. Using Nero 4 example.

4.- and try it on your Great Car.

P.D. well, i know that my english is too poor and its possible that u dont understand my explain.... well, i have the solution.

http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=221928

thats the forum threat that explain the patch method.

i hope that help u.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gracias Miguel!

Did you also try your own burned dvd's in the CTS already? Does it work?

·
Registered
73 Posts
yes dude. I just try it yesterday and i watch DVD on the Car Screen perfect. I burn 2 of my own Films.

Only a little inconvenience, perhaps is recomendable change the resolution 720*540 by other to take a perfect fit to screen, but thats only try and try...

I am happy to help u dude.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts