Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1978 coupe deville
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi Stingroo,
I Did order the moog, hoping it drops it just a little, my car sags on the left, so need new springs anyway,
I did look at ebay, didnt see the free ship, orderd off amazon,
Cheers David

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,738 Posts
Glad I could help! Post pics when they come in. I know that's sometimes forever. Sent my fair share of things over there.

·
Registered
1978 coupe deville
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Up date on my springs,
I did fit a set of moog 5329, a year ago or so.
Not low enough,
Back to ss impala springs, any one got a part number for these, want low springs.
Regards David Barber Victor Harbor SA

·
Registered
1980 FBC
3,197 Posts
Years ago to lower a Cadillac I would find a junk Buick or Pontiac and swap in the rear springs.

Then I would add air shocks to put it where I wanted.

That would improve the ride instead of make it ride like a truck.

·
Registered
1978 coupe deville
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Install a set of 94-96 Impala SS rear springs. Direct swap in, nice lowering without being crazy.
SS springs? Would these be standerd height springs? Or lowered one's for the SS,
I'm haveing heaps of trouble trying to make sence of it, looking for a brand and part number?
Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1978 coupe deville
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Years ago to lower a Cadillac I would find a junk Buick or Pontiac and swap in the rear springs.

Then I would add air shocks to put it where I wanted.

That would improve the ride instead of make it ride like a truck.
Problem for me is, no junk yard here with buicks or pontiacs, I'm in Australia.

·
Registered
1980 FBC
3,197 Posts
Problem for me is, no junk yard here with buicks or pontiacs, I'm in Australia.
Yep I noticed that. 15 years ago a lot of folks in Oz used to arrange acquisition of junkyard Cadillac parts.

They would wait for a certain quantity and use shipping containers from the US West coast.

Dunno what they do now because the exchange rate isn't as good.

·
Registered
1978 coupe deville
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thankyou for your reply.
I have Moog number for standerd height 5329 springs,
I cannot seem to work out what would work.
Some body else must be lowering these cars, that knows.
Cheers.

·
Registered
1979 Sedan Deville
476 Posts
Maybe look at what people are using on big block A bodies. Most of the lowering springs designed for the Impala SS will be too low with the extra weight of the 425. The only ones I might consider would be the Eibach ones, but on the Impala forums, not everyone likes those. It's just that they had a set that wasn't much lower than the stock Impala springs, so on a big block, it might be more, but maybe not too much like a lot of the other options would be.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,026 Posts
Two online part sources and two manufacturers just checked show coils for '96 Impala SS are NLA or Out of Stock. A set of sacked-out worn oem coils has been many guy's cup-o-tea (me included) for a little lowered setting without getting silly low or going hi-dollar aftermarket. But finding a trustworthy source outside of buds in your local SS club is always a factor. To get as close as possible to those specs though, I used a common online part source to at least find their opinion of the appropriate fitment:

Of course they're OoS, but click on the part no. for a lengthy scrolldown list of crossover platforms and years. This likely shows just all the cars (and trucks) that the coils can be physically crammed under, and perhaps maybe or maybe not strict regard to rate or even fixed/variable:

To get the specs for this manufacturer's particular part no. click on the blue 'Info' speed button. You'll want to compare/contrast these specs with the data in links I added below:

Only because posts have hovered around the Impala SS you can try any one of the brands listed as equivalent from this stickie in a forum focused on that model:

And additional insights and tech here:

Happy hunting!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts