Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Got a Aem Intake today & After installing it i forgot to plug the plug in for the MAF & i got a Check Engine Light.

I Had the same problem with my 00 Z-28 & the guys on the ls1.com forum helped me out with it (without useing that chip thing to reset the code)

is there a way to kill it ?
like disconnect the battery or something?

please let me know asap because i hate that light!

thanks,

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
#1) I didn't know AEM made an intake for a Cadillac. That's COOL!

#2) I installed one in my Prelude a few years ago. The instructions said that you had to disconnect the battery to reset the ECU (computer). I don't know if Cadillacs work the same way, but maybe the computer needs a reset? Just disconnect the battery for about five minutes and then re-connect it. When you re-start the engine, let it idle for about 3-5 minutes before driving. Then just take it on a casual spin around the block. That might do it.

·
Registered
2016 Platinum
266 Posts
Did you have any problums with the AEM I did the elbow they sent was to big and the filter sat under the lip where the hood and the fender meet they sent me a new elbow but I did not put it on yet. and buy the way did you get any more power out of your EXT I did, a little if you have a power programer you can clear codes that way

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
As said disconnect the battery for 5-15 minutes (disconnect the negitive) and you should be ok when you reconnect it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i got a few HP but nothing big, i just love the sound when you you punch it!,

the Check Engine light went off by it self in a few days,
i guess it just got use to the new filter lol,

thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts