Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac ETC
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Cadillac ETC. How do I identify if the car has a L37 or LD8?

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Use the vin to RPO converter to see what the original build was, that will tell what suspension package you have too

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
yeah if its a yin 9
then its iethere a ETC Edlodrado
DTS Deville
or STS Seville

if its anytohter other then those in thsoe models then its a Vin Y

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,748 Posts
VIN description............of course, your #4, #5, and #6 will be different........same for assembly plant.

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac ETC
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
to run the VIN options
Thanks everyone!! I’m not very knowledgeable about cars like I’m sure most of you guys are. So I appreciate your patience.

Yes! I have the L37. I ran the VIN number and it said “Rarity... There are 26 1998 ELDORADO vehicles (0.141%) matching your exact options list. There are 40 (0.217%) with at least as many options”.

So…not that I would ever try it…but does that mean I could go 150mph? Or does it have something in the computer that keeps the car from going that fast?

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,691 Posts
So…not that I would ever try it…but does that mean I could go 150mph? Or does it have something in the computer that keeps the car from going that fast?
The VIN to RPO converter says that your car came with "H" speed rated tires from the factory. So more than likely the PCM was programed at the factory to shut off the fuel to the engine at 130mph.

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac ETC
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there a "performance chip" or something that can be installed to remove the shut off? If so, where can I buy one...

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,691 Posts
So…not that I would ever try it…but does that mean I could go 150mph?
Is there a "performance chip" or something that can be installed to remove the shut off? If so, where can I buy one...
You just said "not that I would ever try it" now that you may be speed limited by the PCM you want to go faster than 130?

I guess your wanting to race Pup at Pocano.:stirpot:

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Oh man don't start up with the pocono thing again... And no there is no chips, CAI or any other honda/import type add on.

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac ETC
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You just said "not that I would ever try it" now that you may be speed limited by the PCM you want to go faster than 130?

I guess your wanting to race Pup at Pocano.:stirpot:
I don't have a desire to go WARP speed (150mph+), but I still would have liked the capability if not for anything other than “bragging rights”.
Thanks everyone for your replies!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,748 Posts
Rarity... There are 26 1998 ELDORADO vehicles (0.141%) matching your exact options list. There are 40 (0.217%) with at least as many options”./QUOTE]

Your car is in no way "rare". Hidden RPO's in the dealer and option codes trigger various production line time and date codes, so, yes, your car might one of 26 cars that came off the line on some Wednesday morning. It's a glitch in the Compnine program. (FYI, My Seville is one of three in the world. Right..........)

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Yea and my handgun is the only one produced with its serial number therefore its rare too right?

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac ETC
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rarity... There are 26 1998 ELDORADO vehicles (0.141%) matching your exact options list. There are 40 (0.217%) with at least as many options”./QUOTE]

Your car is in no way "rare". Hidden RPO's in the dealer and option codes trigger various production line time and date codes, so, yes, your car might one of 26 cars that came off the line on some Wednesday morning. It's a glitch in the Compnine program. (FYI, My Seville is one of three in the world. Right..........)
Yea and my handgun is the only one produced with its serial number therefore its rare too right?
It was suggested in this thread that I use that VIN checker website. So I did and relayed what the site said. I never claimed my car was rare...I said IT SAID THE CAR WAS RARE.

Anyway...what brand & model handgun(s) you got and like, cadi509? What load do you like for your caliber of choice? I don’t know much about cars, but I know a lot about handguns…

1 - 20 of 24 Posts