Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 92 sts remote does not turn on the inside lights when I press the button. Does anyone know where I can start to find this problem? Its not the remote because I have 2 of them and neither work. Thanks in advance!! :)Nelson

·
Registered
'06 DTS Performance
204 Posts
I guess I'll take a crack at this one.

You say the fob works OK. Then it seems to be somewhere between the receiver and the bulbs in the car.

OK, do you have the service manual for the car? If not, check at your local library. Sometimes they have lots of service manuals. Dig into it and see what you can find related to the circuit.

If your library doesn't have a SM for your car then your next option is to buy one. Could run up to $120! Last alternative, find out what a dealer will charge to fix it. If its less than a new manual, that may end up being your choice.

If you can get your eyes on a manual, familiarize yourself with it. Once familiar with reading schematics, & diagnostic flowcharts you should be able to follow the path from the battery to the bulbs and the switch that turns them on when you open the door. If you can figure that out, then you should be able to figure out how (the path) they should go on when the FOB is activated. I suspect your problem will be in that path.

..rickko..

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Theres probably a relay somewhere not working....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts