Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 STS & 2006 DTS
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I fix the backseat, I am the proud owner of a 2000 STS, my backseat is broken, one of the clips is broken off in the attachment hole in the floor area and the other one is about to become detached from the seat, when looking at how the clips are attached with 4 pop rivets into the very thin plastic I am amazed that all of them are not broke, was this the result of the removal of the backseat by older conventional methods when a specialized tool is needed?, I need to get this fixed and hopefully some of you have been through this already

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
Not sure about the mounting clips, as I never actually looked at mine. But, there isn't any special tool needed to remove the seat cushion. Just pull it straight up. It pops right out. If they are held in with pop rivots, you should be able to repair it with larger rivots, or sheet metal screws. Just be creative.

Don

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
careful how you handel it though you have heating coils in there to give you your rear heated seat break them and no more butt warmer

·
Registered
'85 Seville Commemorative, '69 Sedan deVille, '06 CTS Sport
424 Posts
Woow Mitsubishiman, ive never heard of anyone actually breaking the back seat... "breaking it in," yes, but breaking it all together, thats quite a feat. way to go:lildevil:

·
Registered
1998 STS
49 Posts
I went thru this about 3 months ago on my 98 STS. I tried a number of different things including epoxy. I ended up ordering just the plastic seat frame. I then pulled the leather and cushion off. I would recommend ordering new fasteners when you order the seat frame. The new fasteners are slightly longer then the originals. You will want to be very careful with the fastener puller so you don't rip the fabric that is sewn to the leahter When you put the new fasteners in you won't want to push the all the way in like they do at the factory. When you try to get the old ones out you will understand. Finally you may want to take a channellock and and slightly squish the new clip that go in the frame of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts