Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Cadillac Deville
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this post and decided to add my question here.

I replaced the air filter on my wife's 99 Deville a few days ago, drove it today and saw the SES light. I checked the codes using the on board system and the current code was P0113 for the Intake Air Temperature sensor. I opened the hood and found I forgot to connect the sensor. After connecting it, the SES light remains but the PO113 code moved to history. After going thru the codes, the computer comes to the display PCM? and I thought I could enter "NO" by pressing the LOWER FAN function, but the display goes thru a cycle of PCM? IPC? ACM? SDM? TCS? PZM? IRC? RFA?. I never see the "CLEAR CODES" display. What am I doing wrong?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,120 Posts
Re: yet another complicated a/c dillema!

I started a new thread for you.

That's a PCM code, so try answering YES to "PCM?". Then answer NO till you see clear codes?

·
Registered
99 Cadillac Deville
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Ranger. I clicked YES to the "PCM?" and the next display was "PCM CODES?", I clicked NO and the next one indeed was "PCM CLEAR CODES?" to which I clicked yes and the display showed "PCM CODES CLEARED". All is good, but I wonder what would have happened if I clicked YES to "PCM CODES?"

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,120 Posts
:histeric: :thumbsup:

If you had answered YES to PCM CODES? It would have spit out ONLY the PCM codes.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
yes... but there's really no need to be clearing codes unless you're trying to diagnose something and there's so many codes in there as history that you're not sure which ones are recent history and which ones are older ...

history codes can help diagnose problems down the road

and they will eventually clear on their own if the problem is truly fixed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts