Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,033 Posts
Welcome to CF !!!

I would imagine that, in Bavaria, you would look in the newspaper classified advertisements, check online computer sites, look in used car lots or new car dealers.

What kind/model/year/engine Cadillac are you looking for?

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
'07 CTS 3.6 FE5 Blk/Blk 'Nadine'
1,163 Posts
I have a question.
Since you are all in the EU; if you found a car in say, Denmark would there be sales/luxury/v.a.t. taxes applicable from both the Danish gov't and Bavaria?
Would there be import duty to pay for bringing it in to Bavaria?

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,028 Posts
That is a good question!
The EU started (with certain American help) as the “coal and steel union” after ww2 and was later developed into what we called the “inner market” in 1972 which is all about the free trade of goods and free movement of people. Since then it has been adjusted, expanded, adapted.

It means for instance that a road legal car can moved around EU and registered anywhere - also without paying additional VAT (e.g. VAT is 19% in Germany and 25% in Denmark - so you save 6% importing it from Germany).

Through the court system it has been ensured that countries can add their own car specific taxes so you still have to pay app. 150% tax when we import a car to Denmark. Norway has a similar system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts