Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok now that i fixed my window issue now i noticed my glass isnt aligned it rolls up fine but when it gets to the top i have to pull the glass up with my hand or it wont go al the way up. i also have to close the door a little harder because the glass isnt aligned. how do i fix it?

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
see thats how far up it will go unless i open the door and pull it up while holding the up switch.

·
The Last Good Gremlin
06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)
2,654 Posts
see thats how far up it will go unless i open the door and pull it up while holding the up switch.
I hope there's someone here that knows the answer. I inadvertently put my weight on the top of my passenger window and it dropped 2 inches. Ever since I've had horrid wind noise from that window.

I notice in your pic you have the dredded gold side mirror. Need to run out to your local pull-a-part (no tools required) and snatch a good one from the junk yard. I paid $5 for my replacement.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope there's someone here that knows the answer. I inadvertently put my weight on the top of my passenger window and it dropped 2 inches. Ever since I've had horrid wind noise from that window.

I notice in your pic you have the dredded gold side mirror. Need to run out to your local pull-a-part (no tools required) and snatch a good one from the junk yard. I paid $5 for my replacement.
yeah whats the point of a gold mirror? only the driver side is gold

·
The Last Good Gremlin
06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)
2,654 Posts
yeah whats the point of a gold mirror? only the driver side is gold
Gold means the liquid inside is gone, i.e., no heat, no tint - its broke!

·
Registered
07 STS 1SG / 10 STS 1SG / 17 XTS
336 Posts
ok now that i fixed my window issue now i noticed my glass isnt aligned it rolls up fine but when it gets to the top i have to pull the glass up with my hand or it wont go al the way up. i also have to close the door a little harder because the glass isnt aligned. how do i fix it?
Seems like a track or alignment issue, if you take the door panel off there is two adjustment screws for the tracks, one is by the speaker (or behind it, i forget) the other is at the top of the back of the door. I would look closely at your tracks and rollers though before changing adjustments. Get in there and clean them good, look for problems and relube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts