Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,I would like to get my carb. rebuilt,1980 deville, 6.0 liter, 4 barrel rochester,I plan to remove it, send it in to get done and put it back on myself, is this a difficult job, any suggestions or stuff to look out for. tnx. for any advice.

Creeker

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
Very easy. 4 bolts. Disconnect the fuel line, throttle linkage, emissions stuff, cruise control, whatever. If you need to, take a picture before you take it off so you can remember where everything goes.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Since you're a first timer it would probably be a good idea to mark every vacuum line. Other than that you'll need to use 2 wrenches on the fuel inlet for the carb to avoid twisting the line like cadillacdeville was saying. The rest is pretty straightforward, since you're not trying to rebuild it yourself (what a PITA that is.)

·
Registered
38 Posts
hey man i have a question..i know that the 6.0 litre v8-6-4 had some problems with it in 1981..but how did the 6,0 litre w/o the v8-6-4 run??? was it a good overall engine or what???was the 368 better than the v8-6-4? in 1980?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have owned 2 caddys with the 1980 368, one carburated and one fuel injected. Both motors were excellent. They can be tuned to give the same power and reliability as a chev 350.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts