Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In terms of steering and power. The Escalade drove like a car more than a truck and had plenty of power in reserve. Anyone ever drive a Denali? 2007+

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
3,404 Posts
We did a Denali for a customer and it was certainly a little different. The engine HP output & torque were certainly different. I cant recall what the Denali was rated at, but I want to say 385 compared to the 400+ the Escalade is making. Also the suspension seemed a little different.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

In terms of steering and power. The Escalade drove like a car more than a truck and had plenty of power in reserve. Anyone ever drive a Denali? 2007+

·
Registered
Cadillac
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else have experience with the Denali? Im particularly interested in how it drives and turns more than the power. The power is a tune issue and can be resolved.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Anyone else have experience with the Denali? Im particularly interested in how it drives and turns more than the power. The power is a tune issue and can be resolved.

My son bought a new 2007 Sierra Denali.
He loves it.
He considered an Escalade, but the Denali has about everything that the Escalade has, but cost quite a bit less.
He put 20's, a CAI and custom duals on it, then had it TUNED.
It runs great...it drives very well, and handles pretty darn good for a great big 4 door truck. :cool2:

Texas Jim

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
154 Posts
Main differences that I am aware of:
  • The engines are the same but the Denal's HP is just de-tuned a little to give Escalade bragging rights for marketing purposes. Torque is the same. Denali engine can easily be tuned to bring it up to Escalade specs and beyond.
  • Denali does not have air-conditioned seats, Escalade does.
  • Denali does not have xenon headlights but they can be bought via the aftermarket inexpensively.
  • Denali does not have LED tail lights but they can be bought via the aftermarket inexpensively.
  • Escalade's dashboard is more upscale but not enough to really distinguish it from the Denali in my subjective opinion.
  • Escalade warranty is superior.
Bottom line: Denali is the smart money choice, Escalade is the cost no object choice.

·
Registered
2007 EXT
114 Posts
The smart choice depends on where you live. Up north who needs AC seats. Down south it's a major comfort amenity, especially if you're in and out of your truck frequently. My work takes me outside in hot and humid environments frequently so the AC seats improve the driving experience for me at least 100%. But even when I'm not getting hot and sweaty I find the AC seats greatly improve the comfort level of just driving around in hot weather. A 9 hour road trip to NC with AC seats, no problem. Sitting on leather seats with no ventilation for 9 hours, very uncomfortable. I'd rather fly.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
Do the denalis have the digital and analog speedo now? That is the only other thing I could think of since they have the heated wheel/cooled seats commencing 2008.

For some reason, I really don't like the Denali/Yukon fronts and tail lights. Just personal preference. I would rather geta Tahoe LTZ Autoride 6.2 over a Denali. If fact, if they don't give me a reasonable lease buyout price next year, I will cross shop used Lades and Tahoe (outfitted as above).

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
The smart choice depends on where you live. Up north who needs AC seats. Down south it's a major comfort amenity, especially if you're in and out of your truck frequently. My work takes me outside in hot and humid environments frequently so the AC seats improve the driving experience for me at least 100%. But even when I'm not getting hot and sweaty I find the AC seats greatly improve the comfort level of just driving around in hot weather. A 9 hour road trip to NC with AC seats, no problem. Sitting on leather seats with no ventilation for 9 hours, very uncomfortable. I'd rather fly.
I live in a part of the country where temps can go to -40, and 100 degrees in the summer, love the cooled seats, use them most everyday in the summer, one great option for sure. No HID lights is a disgrace on the GMC and many other GM cars/trucks

·
Registered
993 Posts
Do the denalis have the digital and analog speedo now? That is the only other thing I could think of since they have the heated wheel/cooled seats commencing 2008.

For some reason, I really don't like the Denali/Yukon fronts and tail lights. Just personal preference. I would rather geta Tahoe LTZ Autoride 6.2 over a Denali. If fact, if they don't give me a reasonable lease buyout price next year, I will cross shop used Lades and Tahoe (outfitted as above).
The Tahoe doesn't get the 6.2L.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
154 Posts
Yeah I really wish I had the cooled seats.
I used to think that the Tahoe/ Suburban front end is better looking but the Denali has grown on me the point of indifference between the two. I was going to get an LTZ but when optioned out to Denali specs, the difference was a few hundred bucks. Since I was buying I figured the Denali would have better resale at the time of sale and that it was worth it to go with the Denali.

·
Registered
2007 EXT
114 Posts
I live in a part of the country where temps can go to -40, and 100 degrees in the summer, love the cooled seats, use them most everyday in the summer, one great option for sure. No HID lights is a disgrace on the GMC and many other GM cars/trucks
That's one hella temp swing. GM got the seat and steering wheel heaters right, too. My wife has ice water in her veins. Most of the time I'll have my seats set on AC3 while she's on heat3, seat and back. When we went shopping for her SUV she'd always check the seat heaters. She settled on an X5 but she says my truck has the best seat heaters of everything she drove. Now why can't GM excel in every other aspect of automotive engineering. They need to find that guy in the seat engineering department and put him in charge of product development.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
The Tahoe doesn't get the 6.2L.
Yes they do as an option beginning in 08 or 09. Not many around, no exterior badging to differentiate either. The 6.2 is the deal breaker for me, so when it became an option on the Tahoe, Chevy was back in the game for me.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
^^$1095.00 option on the LTZ by the way. Rated at 380 HP.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts