Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 STS
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 65-75 mph wobble seems pretty common among us STS owners. Just would like to know what you did to get rid of it. I have 4 new tires balanced, new struts/shocks and a new alignment. Still wobbles:crybaby:
I love this car but this wobble is enough for me to leave it home sometimes and drive another car...can't stand it. Please enlighten me.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
Rear knuckle bushings seem to be the common cause. Lots of info to search on the topic here.

What kind of struts did you purchase?-Just curious

·
Registered
99 STS
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the passive Arnotts...wobbled before/after. Are those rear knuckle bushings difficult to replace?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,440 Posts
You might consider removing the calipers and rotors and performing a thorough cleaning of the hub, rotor, and wheel mounting surfaces: any chips or rust will cause some amount of wheel runout, and these FWD cars are really finicky about runout and balance. Some have had good luck with a Hunter Road Force balance job. Google it or "hunter 9700 balancer machine"

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
i bad more then a few problems with mine it was down to the tie rods got a little better after that wheel balance got a bit better after that wheel bearing off to be replaced one side cleaned rotors and hubs on inside also alos got a little better
new tires got alot better

withou doing antyhing i could take it for a road force balance and get rid of the woble for about 5k after every 4-5k it would come back but now im 4k on a regular balance and no isuses

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
There are difficulties in that Cadillac offers the whole knuckle as a replacement for the large Cadillac price. I guess the bushings themselves are out there and can be replaced requiring a press to pushout the old & in the new.

The busing has a unique ball design & I am not sure what better parts being used are. As I mentioned there are threads subjects of bushing replacement at this forum & you may want to look in the general discussions -suspensions-.

The bushing replacement is straight forward suspension work not difficult the proper type bushing used being most important.

Look at this link good pics-http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=15332

1 - 6 of 6 Posts